Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 650 TA v4 has developed a lumpy 'pulsing' tickover and has started to backfire on startup a bit. It doesn't stall and runs fine when going though- still pulls well and mpg does not seem to have been effected.I thought I might be unbalanced cabs but I have checked them with a set of gauges and they are pretty much balanced. Recently had new plugs as well.What might it be?I have. along ride coming up so would like to fix if possible before that.PH

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
On top of prior suggestions.Check for airleaks in exhaust header manifold & link pipes / intake rubber manifolds.Once fixed give it a thorough service so you have less chance of any unexpected glitches developing while away.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
if it "pops" on the overrun (when decelerating with throttle closed), then that is a classic sign of an air leak from the airbox/carbs area

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strewth! Just managed to find an hour to have a proper look and the front rubber housing had come off the top of the carb along the front edge! No idea how that happened. Anyway put it back on properly and it's as sweet as a nut!Thanks for all you help guysPaul,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts