Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening chaps,a plea from a new member!!
my Xr650R has destroyed itself:thumbup: after making a noise much like someone hitting an anvil with a serving spoon i stripped it down tonight, only to find that the gudgeon pin has sheared itself in half, and taken the small end with it!! bottom end is fine,but of course i have to split crankcase to get crank out to press rod out to fit new one, which is fine, but can anyone reccomend me a descent supplier for rods and bits,apart from MW-Racing, it has a Ross high-comp piston and barrel on it!
dare i say if the standard one was in it,i wouldnt be writing this now!
thanks in advance chaps
standard is available,but it looks like you have to but whole crank assembly!debating seeing what i can source from states....

lanky!:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, ordered myself a falicon rod kit from mw racing, should be nice and tough! just getting engine out now, bloody thing! it seems so tight to get out,looks like the swinging arm needs to be taken off to swing engine out,is this the case?:confused:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
my conrod on my xr400 snapped i got one from "Offroad only" it was a "Hotrods" rod and cost £99. i think the website is www.oro2u.com or just google offroad only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts