Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after waiting for a set to come up on ebay for the past 2 years, I finally bit the bullet and bought a new set - £340!! I have Hepco and Becker crash bars on my Super ten which are great so I assumed the pannier racks would be just as good....

7 bloody hours to fit them!!- the quality of the fitting is terrible, the racks arent even straight. not impressed!!

if you are thinking about a set - dont bother!!

Sean

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
TT do get slated for their gear but their pannier racks and crashbars are very easy to fit and very strong - mines been down many times, a couple with the boxes on and no bends, warps or ripples

Thanks for taking the time to post up Sean

Must meet up again for a slurp sometime when you're up next

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I have H&B pannier racks on my KTM 950 and it is a bit of a bitch to line up all mounting holes when you try to re-mount them, however they do crash rather well :iconbiggrin:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
What bike are you fitting them too?? I ordered mine a good few years back now the 2 side frames, rear bracing frame and both the 43l boxes. Had them fitted in less than 2 hours and i have found them faultless since buying them.

003.jpg

St.IVES 060a.jpg

What problems did you encounter ??

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
super ten xtz 750 - really **** quality, I've decided I'm going to take them back off and send them back.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
super ten xtz 750 - really **** quality, I've decided I'm going to take them back off and send them back.
Sean, an option might be to get a bespoke pannier builder to construct a set of racks specifically for the bike - won't be cheap but will be good - I had Vern from Project VND make the water carriers on my bash plates on the Marathon and RD07a. When I was there he was modifying an XChallenge for overlanding and was making some excellent adjustments to the rear subframe and building pannier racks to suit the changes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts