Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do all :thumbleft:
Ive just bought myself a 99 xr250 baja, mainly for a mix of commuting on (I live in the sticks) and green laning.
Ive been green laning for the last couple of years on quads but decided I fancied a change and a more practical off roader, quads seem to be pikey magnets and you cant leave them anywhere! :(
So anybody who rides in or around Stevenage or the surrounding area and wants a noob rider to laugh at let me know! Quite happy to travel.
Ive got to spruce the bike up a tad over the next few weeks, tanks a naff purple colour and Ive got a twin 'alien' headlight to fit as the original light is abismal!!

Also - a question or two for the experts, when I change gear there seems to be a strange 'lag' between when I release the clutch and it engaging. Seems worse when slowing down more than accelerating. Seems to be a 'clunk' and it feels like the engine moves within the frame. Ive been over the rear bearings and suspension briefly and havnt spotted anything amiss.
Does a 250 have a rubber cush drive? Could the rubbers be shagged?
Chain is correctly adjusted, so im not sure where to go next? Any help would be much appreciated. :D
Also suggested tyre pressures, running knobblies at road speeds with a 12-13 stone rider? Sorry for all the noobie questions Im more used used to road bikes :dontknow: Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi - the Herts TRF group meets once a month in Welwyn GS (if I remember correctly!) ... do a search for the TRF website and the groups should be listed. They should be able to advise.

I live in North London and am trying to find time to get knowledgable about trail riding in Herts, Essex, etc but cannot offer much advise right now apart from buy an OS map and go exploring!!!

Cheers

Ads

1 - 3 of 3 Posts