Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick introduction to say high. I've had my 2000 reg xl1000 Varadero for a couple of months now and love her.
She just about got all on her I want except heated grips which I'm fitting tomorrow.

Couple quick questions though. I'm pretty sure she has been lowered as I am vertically challenged and can still touch the floor plus the forks are through the headstock. What worries me is she is really upright on the side stand. So much I feel she will fall over. I see that a cbf600 stand is a good replacement but I can't find any reference to what year?

Also I'm going to start using her to commute and am thinking of putting the cbf 42 tooth sprocket on. Apart from the thread that's already in here any other views?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Greetings

As a VTR owner with the same engine fit ASAP, if not already installed manual CCTs, and also upgrade the R/R to a later '01+ finned version or better still a FH020 Mosfet type or the latest SH775.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wicky. Many years ago I had a VTR and suffered the catastrophic cct fail. Ended up rebuilding the top half which was fun. I didn't think there was as much of an issue with the xl?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Still much the same engine, and the same auto tensioners with a corrosion prone spring in the mechanism ready to implode. Prevention is cheaper than a top end rebuild as you know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts