Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

approx a year I have an RD03, reading the forum regulary, but never post yet.
I changed thy original bulbs to H1 a year ago. last season went well, but from last week the lo beam doesn't work. Hi beam is OK. I think no relay on RD03.
Do you think that the swith melted. I tried to measure it bit no result, 12V somewhere missing. From the switch, looks like OK, but no power at the bulbs (just Hi beam)

Any advise if you have?

Sorry for my English I'm from Hungary

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
Is there power to the switch? If yes and no power from the switch - dodgy switch. If there is power leaving the switch I would suggest that a wire has broken along the line - try running a separate line straight from the switch and see if it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I measured it inside the switch, power is leaving the switch, good idea the individual test wire.

I dont remember what is under the fuel tank, the wires came from switch, than disappear under the tank than go to the bulbs

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
I measured it inside the switch, power is leaving the switch, good idea the individual test wire.

I dont remember what is under the fuel tank, the wires came from switch, than disappear under the tank than go to the bulbs

That wire will simply go into the loom and then run along the frame/fairing bracket with all the others - there may be some connectors along the way - might be worth checking them over/cleaning them etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts