Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya All,
Just popping in to say a quick hello, I'm a newbie member who's just joined the forum.
I've had a string of trail bikes, starting off with a Yam XT350 in 1997, followed by three XR400's beginning in 2001.
The XR is a brilliant bike - I love the mechanical simplicity, great for the home mechanics, so easy to keep in top fettle. I like to do my own servicing wherever possible, and these XR's are perfect for home DIY maintenance. All they need are regular oil and filter changes, the tappets are dead easy to do. No faffing around with water cooling, batteries, electrics starts... Keeping them simple means less weight to lug around and less to go wrong!
I enjoy a bit of gentle trail riding (nothing too challenging, I'm a wuss!) but just like to get and about off the beaten track away from the frustrations and madness of today's congested roads.
Having said that, I decided to supermoto my latest XR with some 17" Talon/Excel wheels and some sticky rubber. I was having a whale of a time on it - until some thieving bastards nicked it from outside where I work!
So, I'm currently without an off-roader, but I have two other road bikes to keep me busy. I am now I'm considering getting an XR650 which I can get back onto the trails with, plus I intend to supermoto it as well. I'll keep both sets of wheels so I can chop and change as the mood takes me :D
I figure the 650 will give me that extra little bit of grunt on the road that the XR400 was just a tad short of. What are your thoughts? Maybe I should just get another XR400?
Anyway, folks, that's my intro, so "Hi" to you all; have a virtual round on me at the virtual bar.
Hope to share some useful hints and tips with you all - if you're new to the XR400 just ask - you never know, if you have a problem that's driving you nuts, there's probably someone else on here who's experienced it already too!!
Cheers all....
Dave
:D:D

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Evening Bobber. Sounds like you've had some tasty bikes there!

Welcome! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
great looking bike!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts