Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p

HI,

I would like to introduce myself. I live in Mexico and after many years of not having ridden a bike I started again in October 2009 and therefore bought a tiny XR 250 Tornado which is used for mostly Cross Country in the middle of Mexico, more or less a semidesert area with many cactii and dirt roads.

Here you can take a look at some images taken during such outings
When bought new eg. used with 4600km and model 2008.

After a while having got bored about the black color :p

Me on the XR 250 Tornado with the friends (all Grandpa's) :lol:

and here a view of the Landscape we mostly have

Thanks for looking and regards Rainer

·
Registered
773 Posts
Nice, don't let Whealie's zebra see it or they'll be at it like uh, zebras.:D

Stupid question probably, but does it get very hot riding in mexico and do you need to carry a lot of water?

Cheers,

/td

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, don't let Whealie's zebra see it or they'll be at it like uh, zebras.:D

Stupid question probably, but does it get very hot riding in mexico and do you need to carry a lot of water?

Cheers,

/td
Hi,

Well as I mentioned it is in the middle of Mexico a semidesert area and the temperature sometimes get up to maybe 35°C and it is a quite dry area. Normally we just make 4 - 6 hours (100 to 150km) outings and I normally take a liter of water or soda with me. Also we do make stops in little towns and buy there drinks too.

On the other side in Winter like the past one it gets quite cold even during the day.

regards Rainer

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Lovely bike the Tornado ! We never got it in the UK.I only ever saw one for sale here 2yrs ago, sold for £1950 (new, old stock import) It's the electric starter that makes it desirable ! :thumb:

Looks like your making the most of the land available to you ? Nice to see a fresh face in a far off Land. :) Have fun.

Note - Get some footage from that helmet cam on here for us then ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lovely bike the Tornado ! We never got it in the UK.I only ever saw one for sale here 2yrs ago, sold for £1950 (new, old stock import) It's the electric starter that makes it desirable ! :thumb:

Looks like your making the most of the land available to you ? Nice to see a fresh face in a far off Land. :) Have fun.

HI,

Thanks. Yes very sturdy that little machine :D I should know as I have banged it on the ground several times already :oops:

Well I have not yet edited the 16GB of movies I have :oops: shame on me.

Let me see what I can put together

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Nice looking bike and scenery you have there.:thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hi,

Made some videos today. Look here http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-reports-pictures/45012-day-mexico.html

regards Rainer

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Rainer,I just got out of bed in a cloudy London City and watched the vid's. I'm going back to bed now I can't face going out side.It's all too grey after seeing the rich colours of Mexico. :thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:
I'd like to talk to you about traffic lights,parking rules and traffic jams,but I don't think you would be too interested ? :D:D:D

PS - Great camera quality. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rainer,I just got out of bed in a cloudy London City and watched the vid's. I'm going back to bed now I can't face going out side.It's all too grey after seeing the rich colours of Mexico. :thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:
I'd like to talk to you about traffic lights,parking rules and traffic jams,but I don't think you would be too interested ? :D:D:D

PS - Great camera quality. :)
Hi,

Thanks. Yes the quality if that little camera is very good.

About traffic light, traffic jams and parking problems well we have them and quite often, the fact is that 99% of the people suffer from daltonism :rolleyes:

The streets have to be made wider so we can park in 3 rows instead of 2 rows and leave one lane free :lol:

Well you can imagine how it is :confused:

Have a nice weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts