Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
More info needed as type of bike and photos.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
hello.
yes, with a name like that we demand pictures

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Hi again everyone, sorry about the delay in replying, but i have just gone through a very busy period.
uuur, dirty minger

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use the name MINGER, because its guaranteed to get me noticed, and maybe it gives some one a bit of a chuckle also.

Why would i post my photo you've done nothing wrong to me, suffice to say, that I've got a face like a blind cobblers thumb. :D

I don't have a bike, i have just started looking for one.

MINGER i am, dirty i'm not. :) I get bathed regularly, first of every month..... regularly.

I live not too far from Harrogate.

Did i miss anything? Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A quick update, just a tad late i admit.

That Derby i ended up buying a new one, i have only used through the 2 summers/autumn and garaged it in the winter and it is rusting all over the place. That first year, it was ok till the weather turned a bit cold and it refused to start. I phoned up the guys i bought it from in Barnsly he sent out a mechanic who fiddled about with the carb for a few minutes and then it stated. His opinion was that i had been driving it too gently and i should give it some stick, these bikes need to driven hard. Strange or what? i was always told that you have to only drive a bike gently untill you had run it in.

I took it back to that place for its first service and i bought a pair of thermal bike gloves for which he charged £60. When i got home i priced i them up on the internet at £15, sod so me coming, so i aint been back there since.

My advice....if you find your self fancying buying a Derby...dont, it will rot in no time. And that seat on the terra kills you, its like sitting a piece of three by two. 20 miles or so and my aris was killing me.

Derby's are cheap for a very good reason and that reason is, they are crap. :( I

1 - 10 of 10 Posts