Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody seen these? Polite notice waistcoat test
I've ordered one today. Winter months can be a nightmare on the roads without the numpties.

One point missed by most people making comments about 'lookalike wannabie' is the fact if you come off your bike on a country lane or unlit road. Your laying there as just a black non reflecting bump, just waiting for the next vehicle to run over you before they get a chance too react. I used to do 70 miles a day summer and winter on two wheels, and winter riding is particularly difficult because vehicle lighting doesn't give you much chance to react to something in front of you on the road. Hi viz regardless of what's written on it, might just save you life. These are said to be good quality bibs, so that'll make a change.

·
Hill Rider
3,088 Posts
Can't say I'd agree with one with that lettering on it, but I too am a Hi-Viz accolyte.

Saw a demonstration years ago - a presentation by a company punting it's version of a sleeved hi-viz top. First off he stood behind the lecturn in a bib type hi-viz top. With the lecturn between him and his listeners, you'd be hard pushed to tell he was wearing any hi-viz at all. He then put on a sleeved top and stood in exactly the same position - his hi-viz covered arms stood out a lot.
Too put this into context, when riding a bike, your central frontal area is partly obscured by the bikes front fairing / screen. With a hi-viz sleeved top, your arms are always visible.

I use these tops:-

Hi Vis Viz Executive Safety Waistcoat Vest Long Sleeve Orange Yellow | eBay

They stand out even more due to the two colours and not just one.

Just my tuppence worth.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Stone Crazy
5,307 Posts
We had a woman on a horse around here she had Polite on her hi viz and blue and white reflective check strips on it and her riding hat , she was tld if the blue and white checks did not get removed pronto she would be dne for IPO , and that is a very serious offence not looked on lightly by the courts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
what you want is neon yellow adventure helmet can be seen over tall dark touring screens well the of it at least and over the roofs of saloon car's but not over mickey Wagons ( 7 seaters ) or vans stay back so you can be seen behind them and you can see around them and sure as **** the old women who lives in a shoe and drives a mickey wagon will see you and pull out anyway same with van driving cowboy builders . so neon helmet hi viz jacket day time running lights stebil nautius horn so even if they can see and you know they are going to they will hear you too not a great idea on a push bike an air horn get yourself decker for doing that or your bikeacal pump shoved where the sun don't shine by a angry van driver and a angel grinder in your tank bag for cutting of wing mirrors and a go pro camera so you can give out to people for using their phones while driving and post it on you tube sorted :thumb::thumbright:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Can't say I'd agree with one with that lettering on it, but I too am a Hi-Viz accolyte.

Saw a demonstration years ago - a presentation by a company punting it's version of a sleeved hi-viz top. First off he stood behind the lecturn in a bib type hi-viz top. With the lecturn between him and his listeners, you'd be hard pushed to tell he was wearing any hi-viz at all. He then put on a sleeved top and stood in exactly the same position - his hi-viz covered arms stood out a lot.
Too put this into context, when riding a bike, your central frontal area is partly obscured by the bikes front fairing / screen. With a hi-viz sleeved top, your arms are always visible.

Just my tuppence worth.

Steve T

Those two colour ones are a really good idea for increasing visibility.
The bright yellow shows up clearly in the day but disapears in mornings and evenings due to the low sun. That is when the orange shows up best as the atmosphere has filtered out the higher frequencies of sunlight, letting the orange light through (for the same reason you get orange sunsets).

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

Just my tuppence worth.

Steve T

great tip thank you I have always considered the health and safety building site bibs are completely useless on a bike and polite notice ? I will just pur it like this I aint ever going to be wearing one . now if I seen someone ride past with a similar styled one with THE PIGS written on it I would laugh then when I see him pulled over by the law I would laught even more . I am not a cop hater myself I have never been ****ed around by them in fact I have been given plenty of chances over the years when driving or riding a bit naughty or maybe no tax . its a law breakers I cant hack bike and car thieves burglars and horrible little nylon track suit wearing mouthy bastards going around giving it the big one intimidating the meek and nothing to back it up posting photos of themselves with a big bag of cans of dutch gold in the play ground on face book . yeah real gangster :toothy10:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts