Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I'd just like to introduce myself. I'm a thirty something bloke from near Basingstoke. I have a wife and 2 kids, so don't get to do enough tours on the bike! I can't wait until they grow up <wishing my life away!> but as the second one is only a year old, it may be a while yet.

I have a '99 Vara which has about 29 000 miles on the clock, but is in good sound condition. It's the gold and silver jobbie, in my opinion, probably the worst colours! I have booked it in for a respray at the end of this month. I want to have all the panels done in a shiny black...well, I originally wanted a flat, matt black, but the missus thought that would look ugly, so shiny black it is. <just to save another marital argument!!>

While I strip all the panels down, I want to get the rims re-powder coated as well, as they are a bit worse for wear. My question to you all is, what colour should I do them? The 2 colours I though of is either silver or black...but I can't be sure! My aim is to have a nice, clean, standard looking bike, not pimped or anything like that!

So, if anyone has any suggestions as to what colour they should be, please air them! Also, if you have a black Vara with nice wheels, please stick up a link to a pic or two so I can get some kind of idea as to what it will look like.

I don't have any pics of the bike at the moment, but I'll get some soon, maybe some before and after shots.

Cheers,

Gunter.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Hi skellem
Welcome to the site
Somehow i think there is a south African connection???:D:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi skellem
Welcome to the site
Somehow i think there is a south African connection???:D:D
Thanks...and yes, there is a connection :p I've been here over 13 years ....I think I need another 13 years to adapt to the weather though :(

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Although a number of combinations spring to mind - red for instance! - I think you'd always regret if you didn't have them coated black.

How about black with a red pin-stripe?

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Although a number of combinations spring to mind - red for instance! - I think you'd always regret if you didn't have them coated black.

How about black with a red pin-stripe?
aye agreed gloss black with either a dayglow yellow or red pinstripe :D :D :D

no seriously just gloss black and powdercoat not paint:cool: :cool:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
In my humble wee opinion - shiney black powder coated wheels to match the rest of the bike. Get piccies on here when yer done ....... should look well cool though:cool: :cool: .

No pinstriping anywhere................ plain old black.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my humble wee opinion - shiney black powder coated wheels to match the rest of the bike. Get piccies on here when yer done ....... should look well cool though:cool: :cool: .

No pinstriping anywhere................ plain old black.
I have to agree with you there about the pinstripes, I think that kind of detail would cost a fortune...and probably my dangly bits when the missus sees the bill!

I'm warming to the idea of black rims, I'll have a wee look in the gallery and see if I can see any there.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Exactly! And you have the same tank cover I am looking at getting! It looks like you have a set of little spot lights as well, where are they from?

Hmmm a few people have asked where I got my spots, and the short answer is I cant remember! From somewhere in internet land...I'll rack my brains a bit (shouldn't take too long) and see what I can dig up :D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts

I actually think that looks very sexy!
NOw your talking that looks sooooo good - the 2007 spec one all black is nice too - What about getting the fork leg lowers done as well ??

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
What about getting the fork leg lowers done as well ??

I have a solution for that too....

When I bought mine, it had self-adhesive Carbon Fibre around the lower Fork Legs to protect from stone chips etc. Mine was looking a little tired (and also wasn't black enough - you can see on the first pic that they're the kind of yellowy Carbon Fibre/Kevlar mix) so I've sourced some nice little Black 3M Self Adhesive 100% Carbon Fibre sheets which are cut to the right size. Stick 'em on and Bob's your Uncle.

I've not replaced my old ones yet so I cant send pics, but I sold a couple of pairs to Chad and Vader the other night so knowing them they'll have theirs on before me.

PM me if you're interested, I have another 3 or 4 pairs available :D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The you just need to paint the fork sliders and brake discs.

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Granite coloured rims would look awesome in my humble opinion :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts