Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just thinking of buying a Africa twin got chance of a 2000 w reg so hopefully I can get some advice on whether its a good deal :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I will now lol its £750 mileage is 13000 1 owner but as not been looked after. Will after get new v5 the guy as put R1 wheels so looks a bit like a supermoto its not got the sump guides on the indicators are not original. He dropped it and broke front side fairing and put a dent in tank. The frame looks like a hand painted job and so does the engine even though its on a 2000 w plate. Done about 400 mile since last mot. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
een.I don't often jump straight in with a comment like this but my instinct tells me leave it alone. Sounds like it may be a bitza made up from a write off. Hope I'm wrong. Best you investigate a bit more. Keep us posted.:)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I dont think its a write off or a cat d as i have seen the log book its an old v5 1 page type stating its a one owner bike, I believe the first owner was quite well off and didnt care about the bike and the guy thats got it now isnt interested in the bike being kept original and it was he who but the R1 wheels on.
I have been on the bike engine and suspension seems fine so my idea was run it and gradually get it back to as near standard as possible with the forums help and advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts