Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I got a hid light and it was gauranteed for 2 years, I had 3 replacements in that time and now the guarantee has run out and I want to get another.
Anyone got a hid light that has been reliable?

Rick

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I bought mine from 2mpower-tech | eBay £40 delivered for 2 of everything. 2 Burners and 2 Super Slim Ballasts. 30K miles and 18 months on and they are still going strong. I did have issue with the ballast in the low beam very occasionally taking too long to fire up [1] and the BMW canbus system shut it down with a lamp failure message but I swapped it with the high beam one and they both now work fine. I suspect this is as much a problem of the BMW systems as the ballast. Anyway as I say I swapped the ballasts around and they both work first time now.

People did point me at a UK supplier that advertises on UKGSER Les somebody but at the time he was £160 for one lamp so these were an eighth of the price so I thought I'd take a punt on these ebay ones and even if they were to go now I would definitely buy another set.

[1] It happened about 1 in 30-50 starts and always first thing in the morning when the bike battery is weak and bikes are cold. If I stared the bike right away it was fine but if I switched on the ignition (to kill the alarm) and wheel the bike out the garage, fanny about putting my gear on then start the bike it occasionally failed. Switching off and restarting it always lit second time.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are cheap too, look very good.....

oh well, see postage, Not available to Scottish Highlands

grumfutocks

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
They are cheap too, look very good.....

oh well, see postage, Not available to Scottish Highlands

grumfutocks
Get them sent here and I'll post them on for you.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much, but they normally will only post to the credit card/paypal address.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Thanks very much, but they normally will only post to the credit card/paypal address.
I've got the chaps email address (I was discussing bulk purchases with him a year or so back) and I've dropped him a note to see if he will post to me and you can pay him. I'll let you know when I hear back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts