Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads,

I have a quick question here. I am rebuilding my AT XRV 750 RD07 and I'm currently to putting it all back together.
When I was installing a Volt meter, I discovered a hidden kill switch installed by prev owner.

Now here is the hard part. The hidden kill switch cuts the circuit providing power to the fuel pump, from the loom. (loom socket is just above the rear shock)
My issue is that when the switch is off the engine runs fine and doesn't die.

What is going on here. I thought that if the switch cuts power to the fuel pump the bike should die no? (so did the prev owner it seems)

Why is this not cutting fuel to the engine? Should I move the hidden kill switch elsewhere? Where do you guys have your hidden switches?

P.S I have checked the switch with a volt meter to see if it works and it does as it is supposed to.

Sorry for the not so quick question,
Aidan.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The motor will run until the fuel level in the carbs drops too low - however if you have the original pump and more than half a tank of fuel then gravity will push enough fuel through the pump to keep the motor running at idle speed at least. I would remove it as it will go faulty just when you are miles off the beaten track without tools!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
As above - the carbs will have fuel so the bike will run until they are empty, this can take some time ot tickover, however the oe pump will not let fuel pass unless it is pumping (some aftermarket pumps will)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! So it would seem a killswitch connected to the pump is kind of useless. Where would you guys recommend connecting a Killswitch to?

Aidan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts