Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads - just looking for your thoughts on this...

When doing around 80 - 120km/h on my @T RD07A, all is good with the engine, until I throttle back very slightly, say on a downhill to maintain constant speed, then it feels like the engine is jerking slightly/cutting out for very short moments. I can also hear the odd backfire. When I accelerate, she bolts forward like normal. I've recently replaced the burnt contacts on the OEM fuel pump with new ones because I thought the pump might be starving the engine of fuel. I also ran a full tank with carb cleaner additive to no avail.

Any input please ???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've removed the carbs and hoses and brought them to the lab for a proper ultrasonic cleaning - they did not look to bad at all BUT, I have noticed a very fine powdery substance in one of the carb throats, and I think the cause was a pinch in one of the rubber seats that let fine dust (and extra air) in. I'll re-assemble tonight and report back. Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Same symptoms I had when running lean after exhaust/air filter change. So I suggest the same as these guys :thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your input guys! Shiny carb (inside and out) and a PROPER fit of all rubber seals - Problem solved!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts