Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
not used for years.
there is a large area there used as an unofficial scramble track/ off roading track. this area was originally a motel and ski centre hence the lake and dry ski slope (thats the big hill).
the complex was named skew brige ski club, there used to be a rail brige across the a45 which crossed at an angle or on the skew.
i have not used the site personally there are normally loads of scramblers there every weekend. if you do go there at a weekend expect plenty of company.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Confirmed,used to use regularly,good place to start if your a learner,try and get up the hill to the top if your more accomplished though watch the top there's a big concrete step to get over and the bash plate will take a wallop. Stay away from the rear wooded area of the area as it's very boggy but if you're slow and watch where your going you can make it round,IF YOU WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING!

YouTube - XR SUBMARINE

YouTube - HOW TO GET THE WATER OUT OF THE EXHAUST ON AN XR650

YouTube - A transalp and a little puddle

Go get wet and muddy,you'll love it.:angel1:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys,
Anyone up for a bit of a scramble sometime before Christmas ?
Lifes to short and all that....

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
Ok thanks guys,
Anyone up for a bit of a scramble sometime before Christmas ?
Lifes to short and all that....

Hiya, I'l come out for a play... See if you can follow me up and down the steepest side of the ski slope.. :rolleyes: It's not all that hard, managed to get up the side of the slope with a pillion, whom admitedly nearly fell off and pulled me over backwards, but to evreyone else there, it'd looked like a great wheelie all the way up ;) Weekends are good for me

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent, sounds good.
I can get there on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th, just let me know what day is best and I will be there.
Any one else???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts