Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to raise the height of my 700 TA don't need much just think i'm a litle too tall at 6'" , if it is possible what sort of seat height increase can i expect and will it affect the handling - thanks in anticipation :D

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
you can gain a couple of inches on a 650 by flipping the rear linkage,or winding up the preload, I'm not sure there's been as much experimenting on the 700 as the 600 or the 650. Anyone know if the rear shock can be wound up on the 700? you can gain a bit at the front by dropping the forks through the clamps but not much is advisable maybe only mm's, thought about progressive springs,there was one for the 700 alp finished today unsold.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again guys for the advice. By adjusting the height via the pre-load will this make the suspension firmer ? Sorry if that's a stupid question :confused:

SOHOEASY : 6' 3" also comes with it's problems lol especially flying jammed in behind the dafty who always insists on reclining the seat as far as it goes !! oh yes and you are also restricted to buying troosers out of the NEXT catalogue :rolleyes:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Look for links on the transalp section

I think it was 'Recycler' who did the transformation you are looking to achieve by, as BT said, turning the bottom rear shock linkage upside down gaining about 2" height.

This would then present a problem with the front end and rear being out of balance as far as factory set up

There are fork extenders that screw into the top of each fork leg that you can buy and these will raise the bike so it's more in balance at the front and rear

This then makes one more problem - the side stand will be too short and possibly the main stand as well

Increasing preload on the front or rear will increase the ride height and give a firmer ride. If you increase it too much you will lose some of the bikes comfort and handling will deteriorate a bit. Also you will see increase tyre wear especially on the rear

Hopr this helps

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Look for links on the transalp section

I think it was 'Recycler' who did the transformation you are looking to achieve by, as BT said, turning the bottom rear shock linkage upside down gaining about 2" height.

This would then present a problem with the front end and rear being out of balance as far as factory set up

There are fork extenders that screw into the top of each fork leg that you can buy and these will raise the bike so it's more in balance at the front and rear

This then makes one more problem - the side stand will be too short and possibly the main stand as well

Increasing preload on the front or rear will increase the ride height and give a firmer ride. If you increase it too much you will lose some of the bikes comfort and handling will deteriorate a bit. Also you will see increase tyre wear especially on the rear

Hopr this helps
Paul, it was Wheeliebin who flipped the rear suspension 'rocker'. I think it raised the rear by about 2", he had fork extensions made to lift the front a similar amount - then the side stand extended.....

Dunno about the 700, the 650 will accept spacers above the fork springs to increase the front preload/height.

Phil

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Paul, it was Wheeliebin who flipped the rear suspension 'rocker'. I think it rtaised the rear by about 2", he had fork extensions made to lifit the front a similar amount - thena the side stand extended.....

Dunno about the 700, the 650 wwill accept spacers above the fork springs to increase the front preload/height.

Phil
Thanks Phil

I couldn't quite remember but I wasn't far off - Recycler - Wheeliebin - more of the same only different. It was almost 2 years since I saw him / it at your wedding do over the moors at that bike cafe

Good point about the 700 though, but as it's been aound for a while now I would expect someone like Touratech have these sourced or even the people who do the 650 ones

See you next week

can't wait :blob8::blob8::blob8:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts