Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Until recently of the HISS light stayed on, I could clear it as described ion the title. Mine is an Australian delivered 2003 XL650V Transalp that I've owned from new in '04 and ridden more than 180,000km.
Recently I had to clear the HISS light by wriggling the HISS receiver wires. Last week it wouldn't start at all, even if I wriggle the wires.
The Haynes manual mentions a Honda special tool:
Fault diagnosis
Note: To enter the fault diagnosis mode of the
system you will need the Honda special tools
(Part Nos. 07XMZ-MBW0100, 07YMZ-
MCB0100 or 07XMZ-MBW0101, and 07YMZ-
0010100) which are a wiring loom adapter
Does anyone know where these can be bought on line? A quick search on fleabay got me "zero matches".

I've checked the continuity of the 4 receiver wires by pushing a pin through each just below the receiver and checking back to the plug under the speedo. All are about 0.3ohms. The 2 wires that supply approx 5V to the receiver read 22,500ohms and the other 2 read 15,500ohms through the receiver, though I've no idea what they should read.
Has anyone else run into this issue and if so how did you fix it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you seach ebay for Honda HISS cable it turns up a variety of results.

Thanks for that. I see now that my search should have been for Honda HISS rather than Honda special tools.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not from Oz it would seem. I've tried a number of variations without any luck. I'll keep at it until I crack the code. I got a texa one by typing texa in the search.
[edit]I logged into fleabay UK and there they are. Nothing if I log into fleabay dot com or fleabay dot com dot ay you I wonder why that happens.[edit]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts