Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike 650 trannie.Headlight bulb replaced,now HISS light stays on all the time with ignition on.Flicking the kill switch on off makes no difference.Will crank over till doomsday with no results.Fiddled around with wireing under the clocks but no luck,What have i displaced.Any suggestions gratefuly recieved.TA

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is the fuel pump priming mate ? if not it could be a problem with the wiring on the HISS ariel ( The black circle around the ignition barrel that says HISS ). I had a problem a couple of years back on a Vara, it ended up being a broken wire.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Have you got the Haynes Manual or Factory service manual? (hard copy or downloadable & searchable PDF)

Ignition System 5-7 / 5-8 Pg 159-160

When the ignition is switched ON, the ICU sends power through the receiver to the transponder. The transponder sends a coded signal back through the receiver to the ICU. If the signal sent by the transponder matches the signal stored in the ICU memory, the immobiliser indicator light in the tachometer (marked by a key symbol) comes on for two seconds, then goes out, and the ICU allows the engine to be started. If the key code signal is not recognised, or if there is a fault in the system, the indicator light stays on. If the light stays on, refer to the fault diagnosis and troubleshooting Sections below. Likewise if the light does not come on at all.

36 If the indicator light has come on and stayed on during normal use, remove the fuel tank (see Chapter 4). Disconnect the 2-pin ignition pulse generator wiring connector. Connect the special tool wiring connector to the ICU side of the connector, then connect the red coloured clip of the tool to the battery positive (+) terminal and the green coloured clip to the battery negative (-) terminal. 37 Turn the ignition switch ON. The indicator light in the tachometer will come on for ten seconds, then start to flash. This means it has entered diagnostic mode, and the pattern of the flashes indicates the fault that has occurred. The pattern repeats continuously. Match the pattern with the fault codes shown below, making sure you refer to the relevant table. If the indicator stays on after ten seconds and does not flash, then there is no fault logged in the system.

Followed by a lot of complicated stuff involving multimeters and more Honda special tools (ouch!!) - the joy of immobilisers OEM or aftermarket when they go wrong.

If the wiring is good, check the ICU connector for loose, damaged or corroded terminals. If the connector is good, then the ICU could be faulty, and should be checked by a Honda dealer.

So if I were you I'd have a good look round the area where you replaced the headlight bulb and check to see if anything had been noticably accidently dislodged and left dangling, and for corrosion, broken wiring etc. Did you take the fairing off to change the bulb?

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Try the spare key first. If no joy then remove the instrument surround & locate the (4 pin I think) connector for the immobiliser, you may have just moved & dislodged something. Unlikely but possible.

Phil

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions,the spare key makes no difference at all,i did take off the instrument surround to get at the headlight.Waiting for the rain to stop to investigate further.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike is now back on the road,it was badly corroded wiring at the icu which i did not see,had to take it to a local mechanic who soon fixed it.I think it was a green and white wire that affects the sidestand cutout,anyway now covering most things in acf-50.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Have you got the Haynes Manual or Factory service manual? (hard copy or downloadable & searchable PDF)

Ignition System 5-7 / 5-8 Pg 159-160

When the ignition is switched ON, the ICU sends power through the receiver to the transponder. The transponder sends a coded signal back through the receiver to the ICU. If the signal sent by the transponder matches the signal stored in the ICU memory, the immobiliser indicator light in the tachometer (marked by a key symbol) comes on for two seconds, then goes out, and the ICU allows the engine to be started. If the key code signal is not recognised, or if there is a fault in the system, the indicator light stays on. If the light stays on, refer to the fault diagnosis and troubleshooting Sections below. Likewise if the light does not come on at all.

36 If the indicator light has come on and stayed on during normal use, remove the fuel tank (see Chapter 4). Disconnect the 2-pin ignition pulse generator wiring connector. Connect the special tool wiring connector to the ICU side of the connector, then connect the red coloured clip of the tool to the battery positive (+) terminal and the green coloured clip to the battery negative (-) terminal. 37 Turn the ignition switch ON. The indicator light in the tachometer will come on for ten seconds, then start to flash. This means it has entered diagnostic mode, and the pattern of the flashes indicates the fault that has occurred. The pattern repeats continuously. Match the pattern with the fault codes shown below, making sure you refer to the relevant table. If the indicator stays on after ten seconds and does not flash, then there is no fault logged in the system.

Bunu, multimetreler ve daha fazla Honda özel aletini (ah!) İçeren bir çok karmaşık şey takip ediyor - yanlış gittiklerinde OEM veya satış sonrası immobilizatörlerin keyfi.

Kablolama iyiyse, yoğun bakım konektöründe gevşek, hasarlı veya paslanmış terminaller olup olmadığını kontrol edin. Konektör iyi ise, yoğun bakım arızalı olabilir ve bir Honda bayisi tarafından kontrol edilmelidir.

Yani senin yerinde olsam, far ampulünü değiştirdiğin alana iyice bakardım ve herhangi bir şeyin yanlışlıkla yerinden çıkıp çıkmadığını ve sarkmış olup olmadığını ve korozyon, kırık kablolar vb. Olup olmadığını kontrol ederdim. Kaplamayı çıkardın mı? ampulü değiştirmek için?

[/ALINTI]
Where 2 pimli ateşleme darbesi
jeneratör kablo konnektörü .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts