Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eight months ago I had to lock the door on my workshop due to a severely wrecked shoulder.... It got burgled, after my Alp... Tractor in the way so nicked the keys.... I went to my local breaker and bought an hiss set (£100)...now recovered from full shoulder replacement... Fitted the set yesterday and no spark..... Any advice appreciated

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Eight months ago I had to lock the door on my workshop due to a severely wrecked shoulder.... It got burgled, after my Alp... Tractor in the way so nicked the keys.... I went to my local breaker and bought an hiss set (£100)...now recovered from full shoulder replacement... Fitted the set yesterday and no spark..... Any advice appreciated
Does the hiss light go out? Did the set come with more than 1 key?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No and no..... I'll go back to the breaker tomorrow... Iv known him about twenty years so I think he'll believe me

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
if you lose all the keys to a 650 or 700 transalp you would need to replace the keys, the CDI and possibly the connecting loom too? as they are all matched together as a set

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm... I've done that in a second hand way... Didn't work... Full set on ebay over £400 plus delivery.... More than the old girl is worth spending on... Love it as I do..... Let's see what the breaker says tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
you will often see people selling CDI units separately but they will not work unless "activated" by the correct matched key

when you put the key into a HISS bike, the code (that is embedded in the key) is read by the plastic ring thing (that is around the keyhole) and this is transmitted to the CDI unit. if there is a match, you get a spark at the engine. no match = no spark

thats the way i understand it anyway

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely correct.... He might have given me the wrong key... But the problem is the delay caused by my opp.... I was sort of hoping someone would tell me how to cut the hiss out of the loom.... Never mind.... I'll talk to the breaker tomorrow and see what happens... Thanks for your input

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Absolutely correct.... He might have given me the wrong key... But the problem is the delay caused by my opp.... I was sort of hoping someone would tell me how to cut the hiss out of the loom.... Never mind.... I'll talk to the breaker tomorrow and see what happens... Thanks for your input
You can't bypass the HISS (or not that I've ever seen mentioned)
Another option would be a cdi & connector/part loom of a later 600 Transalp or maybe pre HISS Deauville & graft in in place of the Hiss cdi?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok transalpers.... Problem solved.... Motometrix in Welshpool can kut and program keys for ecus.... Not cheap but much better than writing the old girl off.... Result

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
You need 1 working key to be able to program the system.
As I understand it, the working key is put in the ignition, with a special connector in place, this allowd new keys are then programmed to the ecu.

Do let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to disagree but these geniuses can fix the problem without a working key..... I think they are the only ones that can.... I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh they can all right..... Have a look at the Web site.... Motometrix.... The chap I spoke to was called Ian..... Between 200/300 depending what you need....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently programmed 2 new keys,had to buy the loom and 2 keys which I inserted chips into all worked fine sounds completed but when you get stuck in its a simple job

1 - 15 of 15 Posts