Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Try everything once!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had 3 weeks touring Vietnam and while me and Mrs C were there we decided to Hire a guide and bikes and do about 300 Kilometers down the Ho Chi Minh trail.

We statred off in Hue in Central Vietnam and headed out toward the cambodian border and Laos where we joined the Ho Chi Minh trail.
Conditions were excellent, March and April are the dry months so there was no rain in the day times.

The trail is mostly concrete or tarmac although you do come across sections that are being repaired after land or mud slides. Nothing that an experienced or even novice rider couldnt manage though.

Everyone we met was eager to wave and shout hello as you pass through the villages, some of the villages we stopped at and played volleyball with the kids or just had local coffee.

We used the services of Hue riders that is run by an Australian lady called Sarah, she organised our pick up from the airport in Hue our hotel and our giude, an experience local vietnamese gent called Ty who was very knowledgeable. We ended our ride in Hoy An and I can honestly say its the best 300 kilometers that I have ever rode. The only downside is the bikes are only Honda 125s but is very difficult to get anything else in Vietnam unless you buy. The bikes all belong to the Guides so are in good or decent condition.

It would take me days to write all that we saw and did but I would highly recomend this to anyone. We are off back there again at the end of the year to do another stretch of the trail.

Anyone wants any more info let me know and I will do my best.
I have put a couple of pics up in my album too..

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yes more!!!!! love the last pic:thumbright:
Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts