Honda XRV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I often find modern Harley Big Twin riders are the ones that will not acknowledge any other riders, even (especially) when I was on my Sportster, no problem on my 95 Ultra as from a distance it looks the same as a modern Ultra, and the converse is it looks like (is) an old one to other riders.
On the Triumph, TA & AT no problem except from some GS riders (the ones that didnt buy a HD?).
However the majority of riders from rockets to cruisers will acknowledge other riders whatever they are riding.
PS like that Harley site

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Quite strange really, peoples attitude to Harley riders. When I ride the sportster.......I am the same bloke that rides my Ducati 916 on another day, my RD04 ona a different day, or my DRZ 400 on the green lanes a different day.

yet people think of Harley riders as W*****s and when on a different bike, especially the 916 as a really cool dude.........

IT IS THE SAME BLOKE....

So I am now confused.....I am either really cool or a W****r :sunny:
Funny how other bikers' attitudes change depending on what you are riding.
Many sport bike riders don't "see me" when I'm on the Alp but nearly all give a nod when on the nc30! And, to a lesser extent vice versa.

Generally, [email protected] suit wearing GS riders (loaded with THREE aluminium boxes.....) are on a higher plane & ignore everyone bar their own kind :D

I have no intentions of darting off & buying a Harley but do have an affection to the simpler styled, less chromey models & thoroughly enjoyed the ones we hired in the US :thumbup:

If fisting was a mandatory pre-requisite to owning a Harley, do you think it would make sales figures go up or down?
Alan, that is so wrong :cool:

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
the last person i waved to while out rideing my harley was a fag ona big pretend harley jap cruiser . the stupid **** laughed at me just sneared at me . hey buddy what you laughing at me for im rideing the real deal your on the joke of a bike **** you . another flash the cash **** on a span new road glide didnt wave back either . i dont hang out with any other harley riders either its just how it is . i didnt feel the need to buddy up with people who rode the same make of bike as me . i used to hang out with a fake big long goatie beard both arms all tattoed with skulls skulls flames and more skulls but hes hopeless to ride a bike . i just tired of his fake ass wanabe **** and i dont bother with him anymore . another time i stoped at a filling station and a few lads on harleys were there some with hog patches on their backs . i stoped to chat with them what a bunch of stuck up ****ers one of them even called me a knacker .if i seen such a bunch of turkeys on their dealer oil changed bikes agin i would just blank them . i will never wave first at any bike agin i wave back but never first . i go out to ride my bike i dont give a flying **** who waves at me .

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Generally, [email protected] suit wearing GS riders (loaded with THREE aluminium boxes.....) are on a higher plane & ignore everyone bar their own kind :D
Phil
Ähurrmm! I resent that remark.

I will surley salut you if I catch you... (Unlikely though as my GS is so slow due to them alu boxes cathing the wind, and my twatsuit prevents me from disguising as an old schoolteacher)

:toothy10:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have to agree with that ---I ride a Harley (have two) ,an RD04 and a KLR 650. My car is a Subaru. My working life is spent driving a 44ton Scania, roaming around Europe. No matter what I'm riding or driving,I'm still the same person. However,to some, I'm anything but. Subaru = boy racer. Truck driver = in everybodys way. Harley rider = some sort of life crisis. AT/KLR = wannabe adventurer -- and so it goes on. It's a 'guilt by association' trip and my response is DILIGAF. I use and enjoy them all for what they're made to do. Sometimes,I go to the local market on my Puch moped (49cc) -- low profile and attracts zero attention . Each to their own et al.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
the last person i waved to while out rideing my harley was a fag ona big pretend harley jap cruiser . the stupid **** laughed at me just sneared at me . hey buddy what you laughing at me for im rideing the real deal your on the joke of a bike **** you . another flash the cash **** on a span new road glide didnt wave back either . i dont hang out with any other harley riders either its just how it is . i didnt feel the need to buddy up with people who rode the same make of bike as me . i used to hang out with a fake big long goatie beard both arms all tattoed with skulls skulls flames and more skulls but hes hopeless to ride a bike . i just tired of his fake ass wanabe **** and i dont bother with him anymore . another time i stoped at a filling station and a few lads on harleys were there some with hog patches on their backs . i stoped to chat with them what a bunch of stuck up ****ers one of them even called me a knacker .if i seen such a bunch of turkeys on their dealer oil changed bikes agin i would just blank them . i will never wave first at any bike agin i wave back but never first . i go out to ride my bike i dont give a flying **** who waves at me .

jeez you have been very unlucky by the sound of it......9 out of 10 times I go out I meet really good folks on two wheels.......:confused: anyway we are all off topic, this thread is moving onto the waving/nodding debate, amply covered repeatedly somewhere else.....:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Of course Harley people make a thing out of being special and better than anybody else. You have to laugh because its a compensation for the bikes they ride -overpriced, underengineered and over here. All real bikers will stop to help each other, but I make an exception for this lot. I did help a Harley tosser in Germany once but he was such a tool I've never bothered with them since. If they think they are better, then fine, they can wait for another Harley to help them.

You really like American English, Alias!;):happy6:

Somebody mentioned 'fisting'. Ahem!!!! Fisting may have a different meaning from the one intended:D but very suitable for Harley folk:lol:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I will not post on this thread again, my initial topic was about the bikes, not the bikers. I think some comments are offensive and disrespectful. :(
over and out...

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.