Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Was having a cracking day 1 of a Pyrenean trip, making good time towards Pau off the overnight Cherbourg ferry.
And then...my rear wheel bearings collapsed on the A10.
Long story short, and assuming the breakdown company aren't going to be the quickest, I'm going to be in desperate need of rear wheel bearings, brake pads (collateral damage) and a brake pad pin.

Does anyone have any XRV contacts down here who could help?
Automotive tire Tread Natural material Tar Asphalt

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These were 3 months old with less than 2k miles on them.
Have got bearings and dust seals now but the disc side spacer is missing. Collected all the shrapnel from the roadside and it was not there at the time of the incident.
Thing 1: Without that spacer limiting end float of the inner race there may have been so much movement it could have caused the failure.
Thing 2: Without that spacer I'm dead in the water. Have several bike shops nearby, a Honda parts dealer in Bordeaux and, if it comes to it, my mate's RD04. We could whip his spacer out and go find an engineer for a copy.

All is not lost but it's a lot more stressful than q holiday should be. That said, this is not my first bike trip beset by unplanned side adventures...far from it 🤣😂

·
Registered
90 Posts
Understood, unfortunately they are hard to spot, Back when I was an apprentice on a refinery, we had to throw out hundreds of bearings after a serious fire caused by a fake bearing. Too difficult to tell fake from real, boxes were only slightly different - but which was which?
Anyway, hope you are on your way soon - if you are still stuck by October, I'll drop some parts off on my way to Morocco ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts