Discussion Starter #1
Strange place this is:confused:

Never post a lot in here:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

but

I found this at work

made this

for this

and the finished rear wheel

dont know if it works but i will find out if the weather forcast is right:D:D:toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Strange place this is:confused:

Never post a lot in here:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and the finished rear wheel

dont know if it works but i will find out if the weather forcast is right:D:D:toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

Great work Pete :thumbright::thumbright:

It might be a good idea to move the piece next to the tyre valve round a spoke or two. You don't want it putting any strain on the valve and possible ripping it out.

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
He don't know one end of a wrench from the other (apparently!) but give him a pair of scissors and he's a devil!!

Vorsprung durch teknik my son!!!!

:thumbup:

Somebody obviously watched all the Ray Mears Christmas specials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh you all of no faith:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

but come on deep down you all impressed:D:D:D

and the rate the snow is falling i will be able to give them a go tomorrow:thumbup::D:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
:thumb: Impressed..... but the way the RTs ride in snow you should not need those! :D

Get a couple of barrel knots in accross the tyre and you are probably onto a winner!

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
unless you'r eriding in fairly soft snow, that polypropylene rope is going to wear out pretty fast, but a good short termm solution, + not beyond the wit of man (or Vader) to carry spares for...:thumbright:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Am I to assume that these didn't work as hoped as you have been taking the staffcar these days.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Am I to assume that these didn't work as hoped as you have been taking the staffcar these days.
Nope, the problem was when i left London at 6am we had nothig here but as soon as i crossed the M25 i rode into a Blizzard:rolleyes:.
Mt "snow string" is only for when we go to Germany. Sort of for the last few miles if there is deep snow. They where never meant to be used on the road as i know they would not last long.
Anyway just snow is not too much of a problem,its the compacted,turned to Ice stuff i struggle with:angel9:

·
Registered
689 Posts
this might sound daft, or maybe even sensible, but why not jist fit a TKC 80 or a Karoo.. jobs a good un, as ye dont need tae be goin hell fur leather in the snow,, an if ye feel the urge,, screw studs in the knobblies,, or segs..or even bolts then cut them off wi a grinder... there ye have some Ice tyres

·
Registered
298 Posts
I reckon that's got to work ! !, So why didn't I think of that 30 year ago when I had to do 50 mile each way for two weeks in the snow on my xl250 motosport....but I had knoblees on it so it may not have done any good, but road tyres ? it's go too....and obviously my brain was frozen up......come on Lord..did you try it ?

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I reckon that's got to work ! !, So why didn't I think of that 30 year ago when I had to do 50 mile each way for two weeks in the snow on my xl250 motosport....but I had knoblees on it so it may not have done any good, but road tyres ? it's go too....and obviously my brain was frozen up......come on Lord..did you try it ?
Nope as I don't think you need studs and chains down here in the south. Let's face it we don't have proper winters here. On our trip to the Elefant rally it wouldn't have worked as we had about 800 miles each way and I don't have the money for a spare set of wheels.
Anyway my snowchains worked well on this years trip in January.

mostly

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
unless you'r eriding in fairly soft snow, that polypropylene rope is going to wear out pretty fast, but a good short termm solution, + not beyond the wit of man (or Vader) to carry spares for...:thumbright:
Bitch :toothy10:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts