Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new Honda centre stand and a skidmarx hugger (purchased via busters, invoice to me sent by M&P, NWS instructions..).

I have installed a centre stand in my life so I will let the a good individual bike shop do it. They said it would cost 40quid & an hour for the lot. Sound reasonable?

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Centre stand, working on my own from instructions in German took me a relaxed hour or so, including comprehensively greasing up everything I touched, having a good poke about under there while I was at it, and having to crawl around on the floor while I did it was about 1 hour. If I knew what I was doing, and just got on with the job, it could be as quick as a few minutes though coz there is only a couple of bolts to undo/refasten, and the springs to attach.

I have never done a hugger, but I suspect once the wheel is out it will be really quick -remove old chain guard, offer the hugger up and screw in place, wheel back in. Easy peasy - 20-30mins tops.

Sooo, an hour for both jobs for dealer seems reasonable to take into account unforeseen difficulties, like holes not aligning, or ******* tight bolts that won't undo or shear off, and I bet they can't charge much less anyway. Make sure they adequately grease the stand pivots else you will soon be left with a sticky stand that is slowly on its way to seizing up.

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
Rear hugger took me about 30 mins to fit, most of that putting the wheel back on (heavier than it looks whilst trying to pass the spindle through). Not done the stand but you'll need that to do the hugger.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Hooking up the centre stand spring is a pig of a job. At least an hour for both jobs, no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts