Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived a hour ago. Had to stop on the way,it's just to far to do in one hit. 110 miles,2hours :toothy10:
I understand now why it is nice to have a national close by.
Thanks to everyone,that was one of the best meets. Oh and my liver just packed her bags and walked out of the door when I mentioned the upcoming Welsh invasion :toothy1:

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
I am also home now.

5 Minutes after getting home it rained!

Great company as usual - and I would like to add my thanks to Nick, Aggie, Whealie and others who made fine contributions to the weekend.
I would also like to thank Eamon for his assistance after not making it to Tescos!

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Got home about 4pm, a nice leisurely ride home with plenty of *** stops :D

A memorable XRV national and one I'm sure I won't be allowed to forget ;)

Thanx to all involved in organising it

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Home safe by 4.00pm after setting out 11.00am. We bumped into (not literally, you understand :D) :DHudders and DC at a petrol station whilst refuelling the bikes and ourselves, and had a good chat. Saw MickSylver fly past us en route (again, not literally flying :rolleyes:). Further down the road saw 2 bikes parked up in a layby and stopped to see if all OK. Turned out to be the Piguglys taking a short pause, and again we had a good chat. The ride home was smooth and without mishap, though Nessie battled all the way against the blustering wind. She's very proud to have attended her very first XRV National, and can't wait for the next one:thumbup:. Brian had a great time too, and was very happy to ride there and back at Nessie's leisurely pace. Thanks to all who had a hand in organising the event, and especially whoever ordered the superb weather :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:.

·
Posh Bird
562 Posts
Brilliant time, amazing weather, shame about the people tho.... :D:D

Big thank you to Nick and Aggy, and all involved in the organisation. Shame we have to wait another year to do it all again.....

Looking forward to seeing all the dodgy pictures and please please did anyone get a video of Wheelie dancing????

·
Registered
530 Posts
4 hrs to achieve 150 miles for me and thanks for making my first XRV event a memorable one.

Thanks too for Bob (A) and Paul (grooverider) for being friendly and letting me hang around and drink beer with you.

Am looking forward to next year now :p

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Got home about 4. Nice leisurely ride home. Saw Lulu and Brian on the road. Stopped for fuel and a bite further along where Mel was having a minor fuel issue, Boboneleg and Barftone were in McD's just getting ready to leave as I arrived - was it something I said?

Brilliant weekend, great company. Thanks to all the organisers for their hard work. :thumbup:

One other thing. Getting up this morning around 8 and seeing Stormforce and Chad about ready to leave.
"How the hell do you do it? Stopping up that late and being ready to go his early?"
"Er, dunno, haven't been to bed yet!" :toothy10:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That's me home too now! Thanks Denise and Graham for the road ride - a brilliant day out despite the 'tour de fance' en Norfolk!!!:thumbright: thanks too to Nick and Aggy - so lovely to meet you both :thumbright:

A fantastic weekend - lovely as always to meet friends both old and new and I was so delighted to at last be back to fitness to ride my DR there and back and out on the ride :D

Can't wait for the next event:-D:-D

:sunny:

Reactions: Aggy

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Also back home. 380 miles in 6 hours and 15mins. I suspect I may have exceeded the speed limits on a couple of occasions.

What a fantastic National... Now to sort through the photos... There are hundreds of them

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Yep!.........Great to see everyone.....

....banter was had..........l is smilin'..........

Hadrians wall next time, apparently......see you there!

(Whealie wants to dance in one of those men's skirt things....)

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Home at 16.30, thanks to everyone that organised this years do :thumbright::thumbright:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Got home about 5PM after having a cuppa with Boris at Scotch corner services and stopping further up on the A68 for another cup of coffee and a *** or two. Great weekend and my thanks go to everyone who organised the do, :thumbright: and to all the great people I met (again) and to the ones I met for the first time.:)

Andy.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I'm home and fed and watered by my lovely wife (best part of leaving is the coming back home). Thank you XRV'ers for making me laugh so much again, well done to Nick and Aggy for great organisation and to Chris and Kate for sorting out their stuff as well.

Note to self; no matter how many ciders I've drunk DO NOT attempt to dance with Pigugly again, it's very dangerous :-D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Stormforce8 and YoulC are cursing our little jaunt through the back lanes back to mine 4.5hrs of twisty fun avoiding the slippery tvichy sqvirrlles , bloody ace ride home . but then they had to contend with another 150 miles of monkey butt :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

sorry we didnt get to say bye , but we were up so early we thought it best not to disturb ya'all :thumbup:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
I'm home and fed and watered by my lovely wife (best part of leaving is the coming back home). Thank you XRV'ers for making me laugh so much again, well done to Nick and Aggy for great organisation and to Chris and Kate for sorting out their stuff as well.

Note to self; no matter how many ciders I've drunk DO NOT attempt to dance with Pigugly again, it's very dangerous :-D
that wasnt dancing that was Foreplay :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
851 miles round trip for a beer not too bad :D:D

Good crack enjoyed that one ;)

Reactions: Cabby

·
Registered
460 Posts
Great weekend as expected. Arrived home seconds before the heavens opened at 4.30. Nice one ALBA for keeping a good pace.. Stuart/Derek I got up early so decided to head off, I hope you made use of the rump steak and eggs i left for breccy. Great to meet old and new faces. Fantastic weekend, very well done to the organisers how about one in early summer aswell

Mike

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Home at 5.15 - leisurely 120k all the way - had a few stops for fluids - very warm today - where's that pool when you need it

Thanks to Nick and Aggy - great location

Thanks to all for making it another great weekend

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
We arrived back around 6.30 after a sedate run home with plenty of stops thrown in......

Another fantastic xrv weekend - great company, great location and fantastic weather with some demon dancing thrown in for good measure :eek: (don't think barftone will be asking me for a "mosh pit" again!)

Many thanks to all those involved with organising this years' event & to James & the band for the live music :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
Not home yet, but on the ferry.

Bloody scorcher of a weekend, I haven't had sunburn like rhis in ages. A week in England in september, of all the things not to expect.... Infinitely preferable over last years trenchfoot though.

Loads of fun, thanks to all involved.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts