Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD Honda 1984 VT500 Classic V Twin Shaft Drive VMCC eligible SOLD
Slide1.JPG
Not an adventure bike but the original stagger crank Honda, the ancestor of the Africa Twin and Transalp also the Bros, NTV, Deauville etc.
A 500 cc OHC V Twin 6 speed shaft drive VMCC eligible motorcycle, cheap insurance
Bodywork repainted recently, speedo reads 22700 miles, running, good condition. Standard exhaust system in good condition, engine bars, recent pads,. On road up to last December, MOT to August 2015 recent MOT history
A CD containing digital copies of the Honda VT500 workshop manual, parts list and some articles downloaded from the internet will be supplied with the bike along with the V5 and MOTs
Just brought another lump of Brit Iron –AJS Model 30 so need to make some space.

Located Gloucestershire ~ 6 miles south from M5 J13 just off A38
£750
Slide2.JPG Slide3.JPG Slide4.JPG Slide5.JPG

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
nice bike and not huge money either the original of the species they got some return from that engine design . I would like that in my shed but I don't have the bobs for it unfortunately . I remember the fuzz having them hear in Ireland and seeing a cop flying along on a black one with red stripe on a dry road banking it down well into a corner .

I was well impressed with it . I was sat on wall watching it fly past no blue lights on he was just having fun . back that time the garda ( irish for the filth ):lol: still wore white open face helmets with a peak and goggles and garda wrote in blue on the back .

I acquired a pair of the goggle some years later after they moved on to full face and a grand job they were too . I also got hold of an ex everoak garda full face lid but it was too big so I moved it on again a pity as it was a decent bit of kit in perfect condition .

maybe an ad in classic bike magazine might help to shift it fast ? reach the lads who are not connected to the www .com ?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
he probably feels some one else will believe its worth that much . human beings are funny creatures some of them think a bike that's advertised for £750 is dog and if that's all he's looking for is £750 its not worth buying so he goes and buys the same model bike for £1800 that's not in as good shape because he being a clever chap knows well that you get what you pay for and he has a budget of £2000 so he wants to spend most of it on the bike and get a right good one . :happy6:

hears a taught john has a business motorcycle sales repair and service . we will roll back the clock a few years when money was more plentiful wages were good and the banks were throwing money around like confetti .

peter has an almost 2 year old gsxr 1000 hes goes to the news agents and get 20 **** a packet of chewing gum and a bike magazine ( 7 euro advertising pamphlet for the motorcycle industry ) he goes home eats his dinner and watches a bit of telly as his dinner moves trough his bowels . he goes into the bathroom and sits on his throne and lighs up a *** and starts to look at his bike mag and there it next seasons new fireblade . as he reads on he realises that this is in fact the most super duper sports bike in the history of super duper super bikes and that's it he has to have it . he wants it the bank wants peter to want it and are more than happy to give peter a top up on his loan he will still be paying the same amount every week by direct debit only over another 3 years .

the deal is done next morning is Saturday peter has a quick coffee and a *** peter puts on his gsxr fleece top and jumps in his Audi as its raining out and tears down to john's big motorcycle emporium with the big windows . john greets peter with a big friendly smile and they start talking about the new fireblade peter is in a cold sweat at the taught of riding around on his new fireblade . soon after the deal is done peter has his new bike and john has a nice ball of cash that peter will be paying intrest on .

a couple of weeks later Ben calls into johns shop on his Yamaha R6 and he's in the market for a new bike he sees a beautiful blue and white gsxr 1000 then john appears out of nowhere and greats Ben with a big smile and cheerfull inquiry about how things are with him and how his R6 is going and how he like's the Dunlop road smarts he bought of john a while back . the deal is done and Ben rides off on his gleaming gsxr with an even bigger smile than John .

a couple of days later Harry pulls up on his bandit 600 and has a look at the fine stock of super duper bikes and spots a beautiful red white and black R6 . then he picks up a can of chain lube and goes up to the counter where he is greeted with a big friendly smile and how are things with you . a week later harry rides off on his new R6 .

and on and on it goes

if I was John id be ****ing smiling the whole time too :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He now has it down to £825.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts