Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD Honda 1988 XRV650 Africa Twin RD03 £1400 SOLD I have decided to sale my 1988 Honda XRV650 (RD03) Africa Twin The bike is fairly standard, (engine and frame numbers correspond RD0350040xx) believed originally Austrian and first registered in UK 2005 (28800miles/480000 Km). The bike has now covered 42000 miles/ 70000 Km I have done about 600 miles on it. I am 4[SUP]th[/SUP] UK owner. I have owned it since April 2011, ran it to Christmas when the tax ran out, currently SORN’d. MOT has also expired. The bike is fitted with crashbars and aftermarket footrests (XR250).Fitted with new tyres recent front and rear pads and new standard front screen.[ Rims, output shaft, motor all OK Paintwork original now has some scratches and the tank has a small dent on the nearside-see pictures. Comes with a CD containing digitised manuals parts lists and other assorted information plus V5 and old MOTs I am selling as I am reducing my bike count. I brought a Transalp 650 in April and have found (again!) that the TA is more suitable for my needs than the AT. I was going to play with the AT over the winter but have recently reacquired my old VT500 Ascot. and going to play with that. See https://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/other-honda/82165-honda-vt500-ascot-returning-home.html I am in Gloucestershire about 8 miles from M5 junctions 13 and 14. I am retired so the bike can be viewed during weekdays if required.

Attachments

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I had a look at this bike today and although it confirmed to myself that RD03's don't seem to 'fit' me it is a very genuine bike. Well worth the money in my opinion :thumbright:

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
ooh I do like the look of that, don't suppose you fancy a BMW in your stable ;)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it from North Devon, near you?

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Mid Devon (jtn 28) does this mean your tempted by a mile muncher ;)
Whereabouts in North Devon?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, not my kind of bike, sporty riding position and complex.
However picking up jumble for tomorrows Shepton Jumble from my mate he started enthusing over the 'bricks' that he had owned, but not for him at the moment as he has an early Speed Triple to sell, ex the mid 90's race series.
The AT came from Shirwell just north of Barnstaple but had been at Exford for most of its time in UK.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Well if I stumble across a pile of cash I might give you a knock, but trying to loose my K and XJ to fund my next bike.
A few of us in the same boat at the moment methinks.
Enjoy the Jumble:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts