Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I have only recently brought this as a basis for a trail Transalp, but then I brought an Africa Twin last week, so I am going to modify my existing on-the-road 98 TA instead-already started.

This TA is fairly complete, the engine is loose in the frame, it wheels around, has V5 and key

Motor-according to the previous owner the motor was running before he started to strip it out the frame to prepare the frame for powder coating, which did not get done as he had relationship problems- which stopped the whole project for him. Surface corrosion on covers, looks worse than it is as it has been coated with ACF. Spare set of covers included, complete with ancillaries-starter, carbs, water pump.

Frame and rear fork-surface corrosion, but sound, VIN plate on frame and correct. Have a set of crash bars for it. Petrol tank OK small dent does not show in photos.

Plastics-Front nose and side fairing good no cracks, offside rear missing, nearside rear cracked, rear upper mudguard cracked, inner mudguard parts OK, airbox, battery box and tubes to carbs OK, instruments, instrument panel, head & tail lights OK.
Electrics-most/all? there-CDI, coils, loom, relays, fuse box, rectifier, fronts correct in fairings, handlebar levers and switches OK. Has heated grips fitted.
Wheels-Front gold rim some surface corrosion good road tyre, rear OK, silver alloy rim tyre worn but well legal.
Brakes-sticky, not jammed on hard, as I can wheel the bike around callipers and master cylinders look OK
Forks- look straight, stanchions not corroded, some light surface corrosion on the sliders
Seat-good, no rips sponge and base sound..
Radiators- look OK, some surface corrosion, have most/all? of the water pipework.
Exhaust pipes- OK, no lower heat shiels, rear silencer connection modified for aftermarket silencer (micron).
Some fastners (nuts and bolts) missing.

Ideal to make a special TA, as I was going to do or return to standard

The engine and frame numbers correspond with the V5 and are not tampered with and clearly readable.

I have some more pictures; message me with a broadband email address for a selection or the areas of interest.
I want £450 for the lot.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Mmmmmmm well I'd go to about £250 collected !......well if i don't ask ?
I'd return it to standard so have budgeted for the S/H plastics / battery/mirrors/exhaust and all those bits that are bound to be missing.....
;)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
front end plastics are all good, still got all the pegs in them. At the moment looking for more than that, the TA bits for sale in the main for sale section come to over £400 without frame and engine, so breaking it should bring in more than £250 (I would hope)

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
If you could pm me when you decided to break her up as i am looking for a few parts for my trannie
I would take the exhaust,wheels and front headlight plastic thingys:color::color:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I would prefer to sell as one lot, an almost complete bike

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
But I would prefer to sell as one lot, an almost complete bike
I know.

I thought i mention it just in case;);)

and if i would have the money i would buy the whole thing of you

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just checked motor, turns over OK on startermotor with jump leads, NOT tried to get it running, electrics not connected, carbs loose on manifolds.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are crash bars with the project but I am not breaking the bike yet. I think 1995 and 1990 frames are the same with respect to fitting of crash bars, these fit to footrest mounts and front engine plate bolts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts