Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got the CB750A sorted and have done a few miles on it now the weather has improved. Its different, obviously with the 2 speed and torque converter transmission, most definitely not a racer, but they are used for drag racing in US slightly, VERY modified! Great for bumbling along the lanes but can be fast enough on the main roads but there is almost no engine braking and the brakes are 70's standard ie better than Brit Iron but not 21st century. The engine seems revvy but put on a tacho and the revs are about right, not much slip at steady speeds so a matter of getting used to more than 2 cylinders again. Done a few VMCC section runs on it, very suitable for those. Comfortable but really needed the screen (old Harley screen on Tripoint mount) with the hi rise bars. Toying with using it on the Hereford Edge Challenge next Sunday but possibly the Transalp will be better over the rough lanes and the TA does 70 mpg to the CB750A @ 50 ish that also translates to a better tank range, not many petrol stations on Sunday in the rural Marches.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Take it David Silvers Honda Museum in sunny Suffolk for a visit (good to see it still in use) - I can't recall seeing one in their collection or ever in all my years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts