Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[HR][/HR]My 2007 model 2010 registered CRF230F is due for 1st MOT. Just checking it over and rear brake doesn't activate the brake light. Front brake does, so it's not the bulb. I go to check rear brake light switch, but there doesn't seem to be one

It's got the standard Honda lighting kit AFAIK (no indicators)

Quick google search suggests that when the 'Merkins add light kits to these bikes, the brake light can be activated by front OR rear brake. Can't find anything for Blighty and MOT requirements.

Before I go panicking about possible need for a rear brake light switch does anyone know if the front brake light switch on its own is sufficient for MOT?

·
Administrator
1,780 Posts
I think the answer's "Yes, but.."...

Machines first used on or after 1 April1986 must have a stop lamp that operates from both brake controls. However, a small number of machine sfirst used from this date were approved with the stop lamp operated by only one control. A machine should only be failed if you are certain that it was originally manufactured to operate from both controls.

MOT testing manuals and guides

·
Registered
21 Posts
My bikes have often only had a front brake light working, it's fine as long as it's "a single seat off road type motorcycle" (same as not needing indicators)

So should be fine. Our 230 does have a rear brake light though, not sure if that was standard or yours is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts