Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
People that owned real Landrovers didn't moan when the Freelander was released. Because it wasn't aimed at them. Like this isn't aimed at us. :thumb:

However the looks of the crossrunner are growing on me everyday! I will not buy one as its not my bag. But if I was after a road bike, then I would most defiantly try it. Hell I still might just to see how it feels.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
triumph are the only peeps that seem to be listening to their buyers at the mo,,,honda seems to have ****ed the Genes of the twin out of their designers minds and are only interested pure road bikes:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have heard a rumour that the new Bike is so heavy it puts artics to shame.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Hey do you think the NEC will have a shed load of these new adventure bikes - and if so more other manufacturers of stuff and kit for adventure bikers - starting to look like the show may be worth a visit

·
Now on a BMW R1100RS.
952 Posts
Hey do you think the NEC will have a shed load of these new adventure bikes - and if so more other manufacturers of stuff and kit for adventure bikers - starting to look like the show may be worth a visit
Remember when the new VFR came out, Honda never took it to any UK bike show as far as I can remember... :(

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
True but didn't that coincide with hardly anyone exhibiting at the NEC - this year they are all back I believe - so there is some hope perhaps.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Don't think it will be called crosstour as they already have a car called that, Honda Accord Cross Tour - comes up on all searches for Honda cross tour. Maybe CrossWife! She will
You are right about the CrossWife I don't think I can get away with saying I hadn't swapped the bike this time.... She still thinks the varadero is a 125 !

However Farky - you tell this guy he can't call it the CrossTourer

YouTube - Honda V4 Crosstourer Concept - interview with Yosuke Hasegawa

·
Stop looking at my Member
265 Posts
Typical, just when I've a wedding to save for....

Two questions, is there any idea of price and I've noticed no comparison to the Super Tenere. This looks like the designer was a huge Battlestar galactica fan, Cylon anybody

Second and far more importantly, will it have Deathwings ??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ive just bought one and have to say that after owning a VFR1200 for a month this is a breath of fresh air the fueling is a bus ride better than the VFR 1200, It handles its weight superbly and corners in an amazing fashion its only done 400 miles now and already there are no chicken strips on the tyres & There is easily enough real world power to pull 140 and lift the front wheel in first and 2nd off the power the fit and finish is usual Honda and by far bettrt than BMW Who's last 800GS i had requred 2 sets of front discs, 2 front calipers and a front brake master cly chain and sprockets, clutch cover, within 18 months due to corrosion,

All in all Im really happy with the bike that seems to be a 5th Gen VFR 800 with different cloths on and a less sporty riding position which isnt a bad thing at all a Great bike go and test ride one I think even the biggert synic,s would be impressed

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Ive just bought one and have to say that after owning a VFR1200 for a month this is a breath of fresh air the fueling is a bus ride better than the VFR 1200, It handles its weight superbly and corners in an amazing fashion its only done 400 miles now and already there are no chicken strips on the tyres & There is easily enough real world power to pull 140 and lift the front wheel in first and 2nd off the power the fit and finish is usual Honda and by far bettrt than BMW Who's last 800GS i had requred 2 sets of front discs, 2 front calipers and a front brake master cly chain and sprockets, clutch cover, within 18 months due to corrosion,

All in all Im really happy with the bike that seems to be a 5th Gen VFR 800 with different cloths on and a less sporty riding position which isnt a bad thing at all a Great bike go and test ride one I think even the biggert synic,s would be impressed

Glad you are pleased with your new purchase but............WHERE'S THE PICTURE'S???????

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
mmmm. Me tempted too. Loved the VFR engine on my old 750 and it's probably the best engine for me by far.

Would've loved an option for the dual clutch on this though as I have a very specific use for it.

What's your mpg like so far?
Do you know the service gaps and costs yet also, Honda go over the top on valve clearances on these as well as the Transalps. Costly bugger of a thing.

Side boxes look ok but the top box doesn't look great, what options did you get? Screen, stand, heated grips etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
0 Posts
fuel economy...33-56 mpg...

service every 8000. vtec 16k service. Honda agents are charging about 220 - 260. cost depends on how many shims need changing and how many bucketed shims need doing on the vtec side.

Honda luggage... mine came with full luggage, centre stand, heated grips, both standard n touring screen.

to be honest the Honda luggage, ain't worth it. too small and extortionately priced.

the fueling of the runner is night and day better than the vfr vtec 800 and vfr 1200.

this was highlighted today on the slow crawl into sheffield for the Easter egg run. no surging or having to slip clutch.

Paul
Sent with my phone...

41 - 57 of 57 Posts