Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of you already know. A few months ago Honda opened a new dealership in Southampton J2Honda.

It's owned by John and Jeremy. Jeremy came himself to collect my bike today for an insurance repair.

And Jonathan and I popped in today for a look around. They are all a nice bunch of guys, very helpful and friendly, and free coffee.

So far, service has been good. My insurers contacted them today to get my bike repaired and they collected it this afternoon and by tomorrow morning will be calling to let me know what they will be doing and when it will be ready.

So far, so good. So hopefully a GOOD local dealer.

If anyone's interested they have the new Transalp in and ready for test rides. It's a nice looking bike....but at present rather too much plastic for off roading, although John says there is a huge list of accessories about to come out in time for the launch. Although officially they're not allowed to take orders until April.

Will let you know how their service turns out.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I can not comment on J2's service yet (I think their technician or one of their technicians if they have more than one, used to work in ADT) as I have not had a chance to use them due to my previous bike was a Yamaha (I went to Dong Dearden & Park Road, both decent dealers). I did have a CB250 nighthawk, very nippy lovely little bike, whenever I have quires about the CB, I just went to Bernie and asked Wynn, a very helpful chap.

I found out Bernie has moved to test valley, havent got a chance to have a look yet.

J2 is certainly a bit more spacious and modern in comparison.

Lun

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
hi all one of there tekky guys lee is officially the numero uno honda spanner kranker in uk and he is the only one allowed to interfere with the old girls bits he has also had a little shimmy with the crf top man he keeps any old replaced parts for you to scrutinise.so far j2 are top of the honda heap.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep they're great so far. They've rushed along the insurance company. And if the new Givi bars don't arrive tomorrow they'll do all the repairs tomorrow, put on the old bars and I can just take it in when they do arrive, and all 'cos I said I'd like it back tomorrow if possible.

Top chaps.

Mel, we were in today and they mentioned you'd been in - they liked your bike. My @ must have looked like a bag of broken bits next to yours at the moment:p

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
hi yegh i just had the bearings in my wheels replaced 4 good 1 worn still its good maint also got the crf shimmed with honda dealer stamp blah blah aswell ordered four new grommits for the bashplate (great minds or what) can take her out on sports-day and get her v-dirty. hope the weather stays bad? and all our bikes look cool especially when were on them bazzing around- regards mel

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
I'll have to go along there soon and have a look at the new TA - Southampton is easy distance from Portsmouth, although we don't like to admit the place exists over here....

Not overly impressed by Portsmouth Honda, but I've never needed them for repairs, just occasional spares.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lord Stig

If you're free on the evening of 21st February a group of us are going to J2 Honda in Southampton for their open evening. It's in the calendar.

The more, the merrier.

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Hmmm.... I might just join you then......

I'll have a look at the calendar now!

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
J2 Honda go to the top of my list. Got my bike back on Thursday evening.

Perfectly repaired and even washed:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

They've been helpful, professional and kept in touch all the way through the claim.

Since I notified the insurance company, and the loss adjustor visited, Jerry at J2 Honda has dealt with everything. I've not had to speak to anyone. They rushed through the quote, and chased to get a quick approval. There was a delay in waiting for non-Honda parts (Touratech and Givi). And the tank they received from Honda had the fixings welded incorrectly but they sorted this in a couple of days.

So, they're great. One slight downside is they don't have any loan bikes, but that's a small thing.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well J2 Honda are still at the top of my Christmas Card List.

After a 150 mile ride today I stopped at Fleet Services. Got back on the bike, turned the key...........absolutely nothing.

**** from the RAC was great. He arrived in an hour and got the bike going, tweaked all the cables (seems the earth strap was not properly attached to the starter motor:(), made sure the battery was charging and sent me on my way.

On the way home I stopped in at J2 Honda so they could check it over to see what was causing the problem as I recently replaced the rectifier (although not a new one). Seems the problem was the rectifier....again. The rectifier is only allowing a maximum 13.6 volts - so that would also explain the intermittent working of my heated grips.

They had the bike for over half and hour................no charge and we also had a few minutes of mutual appreciation for Mel Jordan's gorgeous AT.

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Another plus for J2 Honda in Southampton:

Their lead spanner man Lee who has serviced Annette's @ and also fettles Meljordans @ has come up trumps:

Lee Stace - Honda Motorcycle Technician of the year 2007 and Overall Honda technician of the year 2007!

"Honda Award comes to Southampton - Lee Stace WINS technician of the year award. He beat over 10,000 applicants to be in with a chance, and then had a build off with four other motorcycle technicians, of which he came first. He was also awarded the Honda overall technician of the year award - this was based on all catergories, Car, Marine, Garden (both Junior and Senior) where they were asked general questions on vehicle maintenance, whilst being scrutinised on their work ethic. Not an easy task to be asked difficult questions, against the clock, and trying to keep your composure and actually finish the task in hand!! Phew - Well done Lee. British Overall Regional Area Technician. "

You can see the full list here.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yup still top of the pile. Went in today and they were flat out but still made me a coffee and went through the machine to get me exactly what i wanted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts