Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals
Ever had a puncture or been on a sloping road/ferry with a side stand?Yes!
Well I've a centre stand on my Dommie and a local engineering firm in Lincoln will make them for me, also a very sturdy pair of panniers and crash bars too!
If wanting more details then drop me a line at [email protected]
This could be the year of the Dommie return what with Acerbis making long range tanks again,good news!
safe riding:thumbup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Guys and Gals
Ever had a puncture or been on a sloping road/ferry with a side stand?Yes!
Well I've a centre stand on my Dommie and a local engineering firm in Lincoln will make them for me, also a very sturdy pair of panniers and crash bars too!
If wanting more details then drop me a line at [email protected]
This could be the year of the Dommie return what with Acerbis making long range tanks again,good news!
safe riding:thumbup:
acerbis are making plastic tanks for dommys again ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what sort of prices for these items ?
Howdee:cool:
Due to the rarity of these items and that I have to have a special jig made,their not cheap I'm afraid and therefore cannot afford to shell out a lot of money at any one time.
If I was to receive 10 FIRM orders at a time then it can be done. At the moment it is looking like £200 inclusive of P+P &vat
The engineering company I have used in the past to make Pannier frames for the Dommie are a first class outfit with quality welding and all items powder coated.
Once I have 10 Firm orders, manufacture and delivery should be well within 1 month!,this time will come down as interest and demand grows and then I could be in a position to carry some stock!
I can send some pics to show the quality of the centre stand arrangement as fitted to my Dommie.
Any interested parties just drop me a line at the following e mail link with any other questions. [email protected]
Hope this has been of some help
Regards to all
Robert
:thumbup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Howdee:cool:
Due to the rarity of these items and that I have to have a special jig made,their not cheap I'm afraid and therefore cannot afford to shell out a lot of money at any one time.
If I was to receive 10 FIRM orders at a time then it can be done. At the moment it is looking like £200 inclusive of P+P &vat
The engineering company I have used in the past to make Pannier frames for the Dommie are a first class outfit with quality welding and all items powder coated.
Once I have 10 Firm orders, manufacture and delivery should be well within 1 month!,this time will come down as interest and demand grows and then I could be in a position to carry some stock!
I can send some pics to show the quality of the centre stand arrangement as fitted to my Dommie.
Any interested parties just drop me a line at the following e mail link with any other questions. [email protected]
Hope this has been of some help
Regards to all
Robert
:thumbup:
£200 for what exactly ? just the stand ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My situations changed now and I am no longer in a position to manufacture the items mentioned earlier.

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
I could cheaply make a lot of these parts (crash bars, pannier racks, center stands), but lack a proper schematic for them.

While for crashbars and panniers I can improvise (since I have a few designs to analyse), the centerstand is beyond my mechanical ability to design. Any help here?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I could cheaply make a lot of these parts (crash bars, pannier racks, center stands), but lack a proper schematic for them.

While for crashbars and panniers I can improvise (since I have a few designs to analyse), the centerstand is beyond my mechanical ability to design. Any help here?
Hi Switch,

Can't help with the stand design, but would be interested in the parts. Would they fit all models? (mine's an '89). What would the pannier rack be like?.

Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts

i would also be interested in these especiallt the pannier racks

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
I've visited my boys today. They have a website up but the hosting service is being an [CENSORED] about commercial webpages.

Long story short: next month I may be able to provide you guys with a reliable source for dommie adventure gear. The supports will be pretty much what you'd expect: a tubular squareish shape with rounded edges. THe boxes that go on them would be 2mm aluminum, waterproof boxes with reinforced point to prevent and limit damage. Touratech-style fastners. Can come complete with topcase rack.

The centerstands are universal (fits all dommies and some XR/XLs), but guys with *raised* back ends (i.e. very tall seat) might have some problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Honda Dominator Nx650 pannier racks and box,s

Hi there
I have hust purchased some racks and box,s for my domie i will try post you the picy when i work out how to do it ?
Hi switch hope you are ok sent you a reply to your email very interested in the bits also looking for a big screen mine is 1995 look forward to your reply
Regards roger

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
Re: Honda Dominator Nx650 pannier racks and box,s

For the screen, I can recommend MRA -- if they stock '95 model windshields. Unsure there. I have a 96+ model one but it's broken up into 20 pieces (got all of them though!). At some point I might get around to glueing them up, making a mold and churn up some windshields of my own.

Regarding the issue on e-mail, I'd rather keep it there. Not subscribed, mostly offtopic and stuff :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts