Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like the first one.
The second one is a Honda FTR. It is a 223 cc single making just under 20 BHP. It looks the part and at 120kg would fit on the back of my VW camper van within loading limits. That has got to be better than a plastic scooter. Asking price for a ten year old bike around £2000.
Then I saw one of these, 125cc CPI made in Taiwan. Three years warranty and the importers, Moore and Large are local to me in Derby. Asking price new is £1600.
They look pretty well put together. Rodent of this forum posted a picture of one earlier last year.
The FTR 223s are all some distance from me but the CPI is on the doorstep.
Has anyone any experience of CPI bikes?
The factory has ISO 9001 quality accreditation and given that Hondas make bikes in places like Malaysia now how bad can owning a CPI be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Attachments

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice find Traveller

·
Registered
307 Posts
:cool:

"Yeah" nice find,
Nice looking bikes those Honda's I like your thought's of having a bike strapped to the back of your camper Ideal for running around with once on site and yes anythings better than a scooter :D
They say that majority of 125 machines are made [at least engines] are made in asia and at that price for a CPI 125 and for what you intend to use it for its a good deal, I mean even BMW have engines made in China [for christsake] but thats a differant matter for me anyway.

Good pics thanks for sharing.

BIG D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Love that video of Fast Freddy ! He could do with the left footrest moving up about a foot! Had an FT500 for a while, it was a bit of a dog but it just kept running Summer, Winter and whatever I threw at it. Wish I had it now, it would be a great Project, eh? Red, it was (and rust and mud and salt.....) :)but just kept running

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hondas first road V twin tracker attempt was the VT500FT Ascot I recently brought my old one back,
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/other-honda/82165-honda-vt500-ascot-returning-home.html
was going to change it but will now just tidy it up as I brought a rat VT500E (UK model) which I have decided to do up in tracker style after initally thinking of classic racer.
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/other-honda/83777-vt500-rat-cafe-racer-hopefully-2.html #13

At least the SUV125 is a bit smaller than most SUVs!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Update to this thread. I finally found one that suited me. I am now the proud owner of a Honda FTR223 that looks very much the same as the one pictured earlier in the thread (same post as the Freddie Spencer video).
I prefered the Honda to the CPI copy in the end. The 223cc motor will have a bit more poke than a 125 as well as the better build quality.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, here it is. Complete with brand new Heidenau K60s. Its only. 223cc but fun to ride. Have to get used to the weight but it runs like a sewing machine. Its a bit like a Honda CG125 on steroids. Really pleased with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Could you guys on here please educate me on Honda V twins :confused: i like the look of the first bike but it seems a small machine, when was it manufactured and for what purpose? I will if any of you are interested post a picture of my classic "Norvin" which as you may or my not know is a Vincent 1000cc V twin engine placed in a Norton featherbed frame! :cool:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts