Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there guys. recently on my other post i was told that i could tape over my lights (Lighting coil is broken) and arrange a Day light only MOT which would be ok. I was just wondering if this is correct because i really need to know if thats right. I need all the money i can get hahaha. Cheers guys :)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Changes have been made to the mot, if it was fitted as oem it has to work. Took a CG125 for mot this week ( i checked this before taking it over) a pillion footpeg was mising and that would have been a fail as it was fitted from the factory they told me i could have put a LONG BOLT THROUGH The hole and as it wouldn't be able to move it would have passed as it was a pillion rest. As it happened i just took one of another bike ihad here at the time. Offroad bikes are still the exception as far as indicators, mirrors lights etc. If your in any doubt ask the mot centre your taking it to before you take it for the test then you'll know what to do with there advice, if they won't help or advise you take the bike elsewhere. I've had loads of tips from bike garages over th eyears about how to get around things for the test

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
just looked at online MOT manual MOT Testers Manual
still suggests that permanently covered lights are MOTable as daytime MOT, have things changed over the last few months, my last bike MOT was Feb, my tester did not mention any changes then, though that bike had a full set of working lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ok, ill decide later because i saw a couple of stators (one MT50 and 2 MB50) that were around 100£ from America... I don't have a lot of cash at the moment but my work is giving me good hours. Ill have to see :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts