Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Honda Press Release - 4th November 2014:

"True Adventure Prototype
The second prototype on display is the True Adventure Prototype. Inspired by both Honda’s fantastic heritage in adventure motorcycling and our recent Dakar programme, the True Adventure Prototype captures the product direction as Honda seeks to expand its presence in the Adventure segment. This prototype has been developed to deliver outstanding off-road capability, and could provide the basis of a true round-the-world motorcycle. It’s flanked by the current Team HRC CRF450 Rally and, paying respect to Honda’s competition legacy, the 1989 Paris-Dakar winning NXR Africa Twin ridden by Gilles Lalay.
No further technical details or information on the True Adventure prototype are available at this time."

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well that looks like it'll put the cat among the sausage-eating pigeons. Can't wait to see what it looks like without the mud. Any word about an official launch?

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
So, what do we see?

Tubed tyres, with a 21" up front, and ABS.
DCT gearbox, with no gear shifter.
Conventional fuel tank, rather than under seat.
Parallel twin engine, 2 into 1 exhaust not covered by a guard.
USD forks, adjustable (preload only?) rear shock.
New instrument cluster?

In my opinion this is a dirt focussed bike, in the mould of the KTM950/990 rather than the GS1200. Maybe we'll see more at Tokyo next month.

Iain

·
Registered
408 Posts
So, what do we see?

Tubed tyres, with a 21" up front, and ABS.
DCT gearbox, with no gear shifter.
Conventional fuel tank, rather than under seat.
Parallel twin engine, 2 into 1 exhaust not covered by a guard.
USD forks, adjustable (preload only?) rear shock.
New instrument cluster?

In my opinion this is a dirt focussed bike, in the mould of the KTM950/990 rather than the GS1200. Maybe we'll see more at Tokyo next month.

Iain
It's not finished

It'll have the iconic wrap around AT bashplate, I reckon

2 versions - DCT and manual, one for street and one for dirt

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
That chain looks too tight :D

Did Steve T do the paint job?

·
Registered
694 Posts
If it does not deviate from what it looks like there , add some HRC colours and were there , if I could get what I want for mine id have one ....

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
18" rear wheel is useful :thumbup: wonder if they'll keep that for the production model...............

·
Space Emperor
657 Posts
The mud is a great sign! Headlights look a bit like Super Tenere? Anyway, I'm off to the bedroom to count my money

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
True Adventure TA or AT? Marketing fun. Can't see detail on phone pics. Is the tank extended under the seat? Is the air box easily accessible as per the patents highlighted in previous posts/ publications.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I see the rear pillion pegs have been removed, you can see the mounting points, perhaps this a bit more than just a prototype? Is it me or does the side stand look like a standard AT item!!

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Did Steve T do the paint job?
Bastids stole my fashion setting idea they have :D :thumbup:

Looks like us short arses will be looking elsewhere for a new ride methinks.

Lets wait till the metals available near a shop nearby, so's we can all dribble over one for real :rolleyes: :thumbright:

Steve T

:cool:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Interesting

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Look better with RD03 bash plate?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Oh the anticipation is killing me. Looks great so far. Bring it on....:smile:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
It’s flanked by the current Team HRC CRF450 Rally and, paying respect to Honda’s competition legacy, the 1989 Paris-Dakar winning NXR Africa Twin ridden by Gilles Lalay

Dear Honda Marketing Department

Get your fekkin details correct, before you start marketing a new bike!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts