Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Not my cup of tea. A real cross/tourer for me is something that can be maintained on the fly without the need of a laptop. Throw away fuel injection and give me a nice carburettor and large tank. Keep the weight down and the centre of gravity low with long adjustable suspension. I think there is a market for a real, off road/on road able and maintainable world tourer. At a glimpse I’d probably still use my Africa Twin or a KTM 950 (Carb version) Adventurer.

I think it’s a double edged sword for any motorcycle designer. As a lot of money is made with the after sales service it’s not in their interest to design easy to maintain bikes, plus it’s easier, faster and cheaper to bolt on electronics, than tune a mechanical device to within emission restrictions.

Maybe I’m old fashioned, maybe fuel injection and computer controller bikes are now rock solid. Maybe all the manufacturers need to do is build a full fault diagnosis ability into the bike so a Dealership garage isn’t needed as much... Good idea hey!

·
Registered
687 Posts
If I am not mistaken, Honda of bournemouth actually have it for sale on their website now, so it should be soon going for sale....the price is worrysome though.

Had a chat with my local used bike dealer yesterday, and he said that he is concentrating on smaller bikes (400cc) because that is where his sales are. customers always walk in asking for huge bikes (the BMW 1200gs being one of the more popular requests) but they always end up buying something smaller. he said that the only bike which is popular is the `busa (second hand imports from the uk though)...

guess we all have to be careful with our money...

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
its got some nice touches but !

its to expensive !
far to complicated !
and far to costly to run !

try fixing that ****er with a hammer in the middle of nowhere:p

21 - 23 of 23 Posts