Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Silver Spares are selling the oem Africa Twin top box for a reasonable price (compared to Givi, Zega, etc.). Currently I don't have a top box in a bid to try and avoid loading weight high up and that far back. However the extra dry luggage capacity and the comfort of a back pad might help me persuade future pillions to give it a go. In which case it's worth the downsides.

Has anyone got this top box? Have you got any photos, opinions, dimensions, etc.? Plus, the carrier in the old Honda accessories catalogue looks pretty similar to the one that came with the bike. Is this the case?

Iain

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

Top Box - £69
Carrier - £12
Back pad - £16
Inner bag - £26

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Yep I've got the Honda Top box.
Be aware that even as far back as it can go it would be a slim pillion that fits between you and the top box.
My 12 year old lad can ride pillion with the top box on but my missus can't so we have to remove it.
Bit of a pain really and a bit of an oversight on Hondas part I feel.
Quality is good though. I've been using it for 2 years now on a daily basis and its very useful storage.

You can't use the existing plate you do need the replacement one unfortunately! I haven't got specific dimensions but you can fit two full face helmets in it.

Some shots here that were for the seat but also show the topbox.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaveS said:
it would be a slim pillion that fits between you and the top box
It's, ahem, a slim pillion that I'm looking for. :lol:

Iain

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Well in that case its an excellent test.

Invite a young lady for a ride errrm so to speak and if they can get on excellent if they can't then just ride off!!!

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
I just received my Top Box from David Silver and it is massive! I did not realise it is so big untill I had it in my hands. For £102.38 which includes the box,fittings and postage sure is value for money :D

So if you with your white/blue/red AT see a big top box with a black AT attached on the A13 - thats smee :p

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
My god, you've gone up in my estimation. You dice with death on the A13 eh. I used to use it for many years until the nervous breakdown/stress forced me on to light duties. Still it made the roads in other countries seem a doddle.

I hear the A13 has a windmill these days.

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
YEN_POWELL said:
I hear the A13 has a windmill these days.
Yep I think there is two windmill's and hell do they blow when you go past :lol: I must have some twisted evil mind as I prefer the A13 to the Crystal Palace-Brixton-Holburn journey I used to do :twisted: Still early days though! Pretty sure my ray of sunshine will disappear the moment school holiday's is over :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts