Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if the mounting method for the Honda topbox, the one with the painted lid made by GIVI, is the same mount as a GIVI Monolock please?

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Might be Monokey rather than Monolock?? they use different mounts as far as I remember :confused:

·
Administrator
1,775 Posts
I've had a look online, including a video by Givi, and I'm none the wiser! My TA has a big Honda box, almost identical to the big Givi box, so I think it's probably the one you're thinking of. However, the Honda mounting plate is flat, without the raised locking "lump" that both Monolock and Monokey seem to have (in different sizes). I fancy, therefore, that the locking system used by (Givi for) Honda is different from the two Givi setups.
IMG_6041 (FILEminimizer).JPG IMG_6042 (FILEminimizer).JPG IMG_6043 (FILEminimizer).JPG

Does this help?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that's the one, it looks like it's Honda specific, strange really because the Honda base plates look so similar but they won't all take the topbox.
The reason for asking is I want to use my Honda topbox on a Givi Wingrack, I've made an adapter plate but it makes the topbox sit so high as per pic.

N4 1M & CBR 016.jpg

My other option is to have a box made to fill the void under the box which could house my security chain. T

Thoughts?

PS Don't mention the rusty bolts!

·
Administrator
1,775 Posts
I rather like that idea of a box to hold the security chain!
(I'll say nothing about your rusty bolts if you don't mention the disgusting state of my garage :) )

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rather like that idea of a box to hold the security chain!
(I'll say nothing about your rusty bolts if you don't mention the disgusting state of my garage :) )
The idea is growing on me, the Wingrack could do with recoating so with it all done in black would not look out of place I think. Best ring my tame fabricator

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got givi and Honda luggage and annoyingly they are different.
They look similar in that they use the same principle to engage and lock the box just do it a slightly different way!!
Good idea about utilizing the space for extra storage, l'm doing something similar with a box behind the left pannier on my Alp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts