Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering...
If this site is "bringing UK honda trail bike riders together" and we have (albeit little used) Transalp and Varadero sections, why no XR's or Dominators? Was it a consious decision to exclude our "thumper" cousins and focus on Honda V-twin trail bikes, or do they have a better forum elsewhere?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Quite right Gibbo old buddy! We're one big happy family. There is a group I think called the Big trail bike club or something. They welcome all.
But in a way it would be nice to limit the site to Hondas only. This way we don't have to read endless shite about BMWs & what Touratech bit they have blah blah blah shiiite!!
Also us guys have unique methods of maintanace they would not understand! :lol:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is it me, or the logo at the top of the page suddenly changed from AT to TA?

Or maybe your post made Dave change the image to less AT orientated? :roll:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
The logo does now change from AT to TA randomly.
Its not a very elegant way of doing it.

As to a wider appeal I'm very much up for that, however I don't feel that we cater that well for the TA peeps at the moment.
I'm stuck in this infernal circular argument at the moment.
I'd like to appeal to a wider Honda base but I don't want to alienate the AT guys as that is where it all started and I love what we've got.
Search engines are also very important for us and the only way that I've been able to get us seriously noticed is by concentrating our page titles and keywords on using Honda Africa Twin, and this has got us right up the rankings to such an extent that if you now type in honda africa twin uk we are at the no 1 spot which is quite an achievement.
I certainly agree on keeping Honda focus.

So in conclusion I'm happy to add some forums if you guys can get us some bods that are interested in discussing these bikes. What I don't want is forums that are there and sitting empty.

So what does everyone think?

I also have the URL www.trailbike.org.uk and I'm thinking of moving the forums across to that at some point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts