Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Posted this in "Chatter" because it's of general interest:

This is a preview of the "Salon International de la Moto" Paris Motorcycle Show starting in September.
http://www.motociclismo.pt/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=615&Itemid=51 ... and scroll down a bit!

Rough translation from the Portuguese:

The Honda was only "the resistant one" in a trail sub-segment that, each time more, abandon its origins in favor of a more efficient use in asphalt, a winning formula that made of its rival Suzuki V-Strom 650 a sales success, and to which it joined already the Kawasaki Versys. The counterattack will appear now, and only given the concrete ones of that we make use, the measures of the tires, indicate that version 2008 goes to favor the effectiveness in road use, therefore in the current model the measures are 90/90-21 '' to front and 120/90-17" behind, while the new 19 Transalp will have in the front (100/90-19") and keeps behind has supper it of 17 counts, but now with a tire more "fat person" of 130 (130/80-17").
Thanks Babelfish!!

No mention here of supermoto/adventure/off-road variants. If that's true then Honda have missed a significant opportunity to broaden the bike's appeal. :angry4: Come on Honda, look to your laurels! http://specials.bmw-motorrad.com/specials/g650x/

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
As said above, would be fine by me as long as they did as BMW did, and made an "adventure" model with longer travel suspension, bigger front wheel etc..

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Ah, the new Tiger Cub I believes :p

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Ohh yes I do surely hope so :D :D :D (only quicker)
Well according to the press, Triumph have renewed the trademark on the name, so heres hoping :)

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Surely not? I've never seen a bike in Yellow that I like...:rolleyes:

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
But black is better :p . Everything looks better in black. Like the Rolling Stones said ... "Paint it Black" :D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
As Richie would say!
Ahhh the Afroca Twon.... happy days.
aaaah twon man where the feck are you... i miss your shining whit:(

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Speaking of people MIA.....has anyone heard from Patrick (MacP)?

Has he got his AT, and more importantly, his leg back, in one piece yet? :rolleyes:
ive not heard from him for a while ..i'll give him a call

1 - 20 of 22 Posts