Honda XRV Forum banner
802 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tran 
#1 ·
im on my 3 rd set of pads thought i knew what i was buying i bought EbC FA388, NOW THE PADS ARE DIFFERENT on the one im taking out the hole for the pin is at one end there is a square end for were i meets it resting place ,now the new pads have a cut out on the square end can still use these, im not to sure
any help out there
Neil

#2 ·
Have you definitely bought AND been sent the correct pads for your TA?

There are ABS and non-ABS XL700 models and the pads for each are different.

I ordered a set of reputable pads from Ebay via a reputable dealer the other year and they stated that the pads listed were the correct ones for my ABS brakes. They turned out to not be and the seller then admitted that they didn't realise that there were different types of brakes fitted to the XL700's!!!

Have a check via Google and look at the images. That should give you an idea BUT if the new ones you've got don't appear to be the same design as the old ones then you may very well have the wrong ones.

Good luck,

Karl

#5 ·
Thanks Wikkie and the other repliees, those ebay sellers are putting VA8 VA9 pads claiming to for abs but they are not the abs pads are EBC FA388HH while the non abs are FA388,any way ive ordered another set and will be ringin the seller to make sure he is sending the right pads
Neil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.