Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new to this anyone out there know where i can buy a new exhaust for my honda xlr 125 i have tried looking everywhere but nothing please help any information would be great :thumb: or if you know whick exhaust i would be able to put on my bike like arrow exhausts thanks all

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
might be a daft question but are you looking for an OEM exhaust or just desperate for any exhaust?
and is it the pipework or endcan your after? if its an endcan then surely arrow, lazer etc do aftermarket exhausts i thought they were very popular bikes?
downpipes might be a different matter, ive had trouble getting pipes before and i dont understand it because bar crashing, the endcans usually last longer than the downpipes you'd have thought they would be stocked up.

just done a quick t'interweb trawl, come up with these;
http://xlr125r.blogspot.com/2008/10/xr125-ebhaust-to-fit-needy-xlr125.html
and
http://xlr125r.blogspot.com/2008/08/honda-xr125-exhaust-for-xlr125-anyone.html

and several like it, apparently the XR exhaust is the answer with a bit of bodging, hope it helps

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
might be a daft question but are you looking for an OEM exhaust or just desperate for any exhaust?
and is it the pipework or endcan your after? if its an endcan then surely arrow, lazer etc do aftermarket exhausts i thought they were very popular bikes?
downpipes might be a different matter, ive had trouble getting pipes before and i dont understand it because bar crashing, the endcans usually last longer than the downpipes you'd have thought they would be stocked up.
thanks davsato my front pipe is ok its the endcan thats rotted and yes your right they should be well stocked up but nothing cant seem to find mines anywhere i have contacted wemoto just have to wait and see what they say mines where the front pipe joins the silencer is rotted but fingers crossed i will get there thanks for the information i knew when i joined xrv someone would help me out cheers mitch :thumbleft:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
if its just the endcan then the skies the limit mate, its literally just a silencer on a 4 stroke and anything will do, look at slip ons from 125 sports bikes

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
where the front pipe joins the silencer is rotted but fingers crossed I will get there :thumbleft:
It mayn't be so bad as it seems. The silencer goes round the front pipe and as the exhaust rots from the outside in, you will probably find once you get the silencer off the front pipe'll be fine.

As for joining, glad to have you aboard! :joker:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It mayn't be so bad as it seems. The silencer goes round the front pipe and as the exhaust rots from the outside in, you will probably find once you get the silencer off the front pipe'll be fine.

As for joining, glad to have you aboard! :joker:
yehaaa the front pipe is ok but back box is sort of full of rotten metal like a tea bag lol the front part comes out of engine goes down next to foot brake then joins in there if i can get a back can like arrow to join it i am back on the road thanks all :thumb:

and ooops thanks for making me feel welcome waves from scotland

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
try BSM,david silvers spares do them,i have got one on my xl 600,sounds great
Not sure they do. Not on such a small bike. Same problem with Fuel Exhausts up in Cumbria. Mind you, the latter are so helpful and friendly, you could do worse than give am a ring and see if they have any ideas. :thumbright:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts