Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale 1985 Honda XLV750. (original Oz bike, rode across Oz in 1994 and taken home and UK registered 1995). Bike was run for a few years and then stored in garage. Last run off road this year. Using this site so someone with an interest in this type of bike can give her a new home.

Have pictures if you send me your e-mail address.
Location Aberdeenshire
Can be contacted on 07787 14 88 67 IMG_1382.jpg IMG_1382.jpg IMG_1372.jpg IMG_1372.jpg

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
:) unbelievable :thumbup:

apparently there are only 20 registered in the UK, and now a 5th in Aberdeenshire

hope someone picks this up,

I have 4 in the garage

( one running , one a spares bike , one running but needing TLC, and a 1983 limited Edition #323, need in sever TLC )

put picture up.. good luck, these are great bikes.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I am surprised that the RD01 hasn't yet caught collector status. This model ain't perfect but in 1983, it was pretty much an audacious proposition. V twin and driveshaft on an offroad bike. Clearly marketed against BMW's R80GS ;-) Had you been local, I would have bought the bike right away.

Lee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the look of the bike and did consider buying more purely as an investment because I think long term they will be very vaulable. However I need to turn this one into a digger and will be very sad to see it go. If no interest I will put a cover over it and keep it. I did think about offering it to transport as an exhibit but thought it might be too young. Even my oldest daughter said not to sell it and she has never been on it !!
:(:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saw this one today on e-bay -

1985 Honda XLV750RIn Original Condition, Finished In Gloss Black/Metallic Red It has been Imported From Europe and has Only 11,412 Miles on the Clock Comes with Owners Manual and 2 KeysIt was Honda & apos's first dual-sport motorcycle with two non-parallel cylinders. It is an Air-/Oil-cooled V-twin engine with hydraulic valve tappets and a shaft drive. Because of this the XLV is a very low maintenance motorcycle. It has a dry sump lubrication system with the main frame acting as an oil tank The XLV was Manufactured from 1983 to 1986 by Honda, and Predates the Africa Twin Due to its low production numbers of approximately no more than 10,000 units world wide, the XLV750R is quite seldom seen - and is an extremely rare motorcycle!! 6995 and Will Come Serviced and with 12 Months MOT Viewing By Appointment Only Please Call for More Details Ask For Adam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts