Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for a nice AT if stumbled uppon the XLV 750 R.

How ever i can find very little information about this bike.

All i know is it has cardan and a 750cc 61HP air cooled twin engine.

I found a nice one thats not to far a way and for a nice price.

I like the looks of em but i hope someone here can tell me more about this bike. Like are they reliable(as in go on a 10K trip reliable), whats the fuel consumption. And are the spare parts easy to get.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Well, they are not the most common bikes about that's for certain. There's a thread here that was started a few years ago about the XLV750R - some of the info might be useful and some of the links do still seem to work.

There's also this one.

There's a comparison of the TA, AT and XLV750R here.

Raymo, a member on here, has one and might be able to offer some advice.

Things that I do know about the XLV750R -

1) The final drives are rather rare - more like rocking horse poo.

2) Hydraulic tappets - so no messing about as with the AT and TA.

3) I'd like one........... :D

As for spares, both Wemoto and David Silver Spares list the XLV750R - both firms have a very good reputation on here.

Sorry not to be of more help, but this might get you started.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
585 Posts
This bike was a homologation model Honda had to build to enable entry into the Paris-Dakar. The weak point seems to be the gearbox and spares are very difficult to come by. Having said that I'd love to have one because they are unique. They rate with the SP1 and SP2 road bikes and of course RC30 and RC45. All virtually hand built and many sold at a loss to Honda.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
This bike was a homologation model Honda had to build to enable entry into the Paris-Dakar. The weak point seems to be the gearbox and spares are very difficult to come by. Having said that I'd love to have one because they are unique. They rate with the SP1 and SP2 road bikes and of course RC30 and RC45. All virtually hand built and many sold at a loss to Honda.

hi folks

twistgrip your part right.. the casings were used for the Grass tracker that wiped the floor with the Harleys in the late 80s in the states, and may have been used for the NXR750 Daker bike, but the XLV was not a Dakar bike, the NXR has 4 valve heads and the exhausts exited to the front on both cylinders the NXR is a 45 twin like the XLV 750 but the NXR is water cooled and chain drive

One of the German Guys on the yahoo groups site put together a wiki entry ( a few of us contributed )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_XLV750R

they have know weaknesses but I think any bike that has been abused for 25 year would , but they are few , but unless you are an enthusiast and can fix it yourself get an Africa Twin :)

love mine :blob:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts