Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This will be my first post on this forum,sorry for my english, i'm from belgium.
Where do i begin.I find this bike just passing by somewhere 9 months ago.It was in very bad condition.Lot of parts where missing..like side panels,control cables,fenders.The engine completly broken down.Crank,cilinder,cilinderhead,valves,piston...even the intake read valve was gone.So the suffering could begin.It was a real pain in the..(biep) to find all these parts from XR500R 1982.Don't have no pictures of before,only how it is now.Still some things to do...other things nead to be changed (tires).But it ride pretty good now.Take a look at it.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Welcome Fourguy,thats a damn good job of restoring you've done there,
WELL DONE :thumbup:

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
What a transformation that is from the description of how the bike came to you. Any pictures of how it was before?

By the way, the front left tank mount bolt is missing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.Sorry,have no picture how it was before.Only pics of broken parts.Everything that could break was broken in this engine.I know some things need to be done,like the tank bolts that missing.

Big peace of cilinder is blown away..

No comment...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looking very good indeed! well done :thumbup:
Got alot of love for the old honda four strokes, have just started a resto on a 1979 xr500 ..........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the thumbs up Hog370,but your project is looking great to i can see.You have many nos parts.Keep up the good work...your bike gonna be like new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts