Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, 1st time posting/asking, I’m currently riding AF xrv750 which I have been working on for a while now, anyway wondering can hand-guard extenders (similar can be bought for GS etc) be purchased and if so where from

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ive used Barkbuster with storm hanguards, you can get them from rugged roads but you will need to remove the antivibration assembly in the handlebars.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A little over an year ago, I purchased from Australia a set of BARKBUSTERS guards for my RD07 1994. I had to remove the factory-fitted weighted anti-vibration assembly in the handle bar ends to install the BB guards.

Removing the weighted ends is easy if you know the trick; after removing the throttle grip (You are now on to the bare metal end of the handle), look at the top or the underside of the handle bar end. You should see a small (2 to 3 mm) hole. There is a clip which holds securely the weighted end inside the handle bar tube, and this clip has a small notch which locked into the the small hole on the underside of the handle bar. Whilst pulling firmly on the screw which is embedded in the weighted end on the end of the handle bar, push in the little notch inside this small hole on the underside of the handle bar with a small punch tool or a screw driver. The weighted end will suddenly come off out of the handle bar tube end!

Fitting the BB aluminium alloy bars are a simple task and they are very sturdily built and feel fully solid.

I have not fitted the white plastic guards over the bars because they are so good at cutting off any air flow that I find my gloved hands heat up considerably in the hot climate I ride in (tropical Sri Lanka!).

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great looking bike/ great colour scheme

if it was me - I’d be looking for stock hand guards/ try to keep the bike as close to original as possible

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great looking bike/ great colour scheme

if it was me - I’d be looking for stock hand guards/ try to keep the bike as close to original as possible
Indeed, I agree with you. However, the stock plastic guards are not much use if and when you crash.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your bike looks in great condition so hopefully your not intending to take off road where crashes/ bashes could occur more easily 🤣🤣

I’ve had mines for 17 years & always aware if anything happened to it - I’d now struggle to replace with anything as nice/ original

anyway - good luck with those hand guards & post up when you get them fitted 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts