Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Anyone out there got any contacts of people who can tune the Carbs on the 2002 RDO7A
Mine needs a tune up as it is a little spluttery at 60 MPH any advice and help would be greatly appreciated
Don't now if Dyno jet Kit is a good idea or not
My African queen will never be sold as i did some major overlanding back in 2006.
Thanks guys for looking at my Post

·
Registered
38 Posts
Spluttery at 60 could be a few things, not just Carbs.
When was it last serviced?
Plugs? Air Filter? Fuel filter ever changed? Ever had a new fuel pump? Carbs ever cleaned? Have you run low on fuel recently? Ignition leads okay?
An idea of a few things will help, but not pinpoint that it's definitely a carb issue.
If you can spare the time to strip and clean the carbs, it's worth doing anyway if it's never been done...Idle jets and Mains can be checked for correct numbers too while you're there. Choke and float valve should also be given the once over.
Hope you can find a local inmate to do it or recommend a trusted garage.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spluttery at 60 could be a few things, not just Carbs.
When was it last serviced?
Plugs? Air Filter? Fuel filter ever changed? Ever had a new fuel pump? Carbs ever cleaned? Have you run low on fuel recently? Ignition leads okay?
An idea of a few things will help, but not pinpoint that it's definitely a carb issue.
If you can spare the time to strip and clean the carbs, it's worth doing anyway if it's never been done...Idle jets and Mains can be checked for correct numbers too while you're there. Choke and float valve should also be given the once over.
Hope you can find a local inmate to do it or recommend a trusted garage.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi Bardley
Many Thanks for Helping with this issue.. Serviced this year Air filter Plugs fuel filter recently and carbs have had
rebuild kit and cleaned i have put in new Honda Fuel Pump which was spare from my travels.

Your Comment on Ignition leads coil etc is a very good point i will be looking at this at the weekend and perhaps
buying new ones as there a good price on flea bay.

It shouldn't take to long to diagnose this issue What's your opinion on Dyno jet kits for the XRV 750 is it worth it
My XRV 750 is about to have Loads of money spent on it the the travels i have done is amazing i will try to put some Photos up.

Many Thanks for your comments greatly appreciated....Will look at plugs and the electrical side don't think i did the
plug gaps etc.

Cheers Mate
Twinny
(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts