Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve been told that I’ve reached peak stuff, and so unfortunately I'm selling my Africa Twin. It's a UK bike that I've had from new since 2002, and now has 65k miles on it. It's not had the easiest of lives and has been to some interesting places, but still runs sweetly and starts first time every time. I've serviced it myself, so I don't have a stack of franchise dealer receipts.

TheBike.jpg

It's been mildly modified with:

• Excel rims, stainless spokes, wavy brake discs
  • Continental TKC80 tyres
  • Polisport supermotard-style front mudguard
  • Sachs 48mm USD forks
  • Acerbis neoprene fork gaitors
  • Boano Racing triple clamps
  • Goodridge braided brake hoses front and rear
  • Rugged Roads engine bars
  • Rugged Roads engine guard extender
  • Rugged Roads alu radiator guards
  • KKbike polycarbonate headlight protector
  • Renthal Enduro High handlebars and pad
  • Handlebar risers
  • Oxford Products heated grips
  • Acerbis Rally Brush hand guards
  • Garmin GPS5 satnav on a RAM arm and Touratech AV mount
  • Bagster tank cover and bag
  • K&N air filter
  • Facet electric fuel pump
  • MOSFET regulator/rectifier
  • Sachs rear shock absorber
  • Remus GP Revolution stainless exhaust
  • Extended side and centre stand
  • DID X-Ring chain
  • Touratech Zega frame, boxes and inner bags
  • Touratech expandable tail rack bag

I had the centre stand extended when I fitted the Sachs suspension, but have never got around to refitting it. The bike also comes with original forks (fitted with progressive springs and spacers), original rear shock, and original exhaust (in good condition). And finally there’s the Boano Racing low front mudguard that I could never get to fit!

The MoT is due in July, so it’ll go with a fresh ticket and can be ridden away. However, note that this is a 14 year old bike with some miles on it and not showroom fresh. I know that the choke plungers are seized, there’s patches of rust here and there, the paint on the engine casings disappeared long ago, there’s the odd small crack in the plastics, and the engine bashplate has many, many dings and dents in it.

So I would expect the bike to appeal to at least two types of people. It is an excellent starting point for a rolling restoration or tinkering project. It is all there, it just needs some cleaning up (which is what I had planned to do before Honda announced the CRF1000L). Alternatively you could just leave it as is, and take it green laning, do bike bike rallyes, or more adventurous touring.

The bike is in Shropshire, UK, so if you're interested get in touch via PM.

Iain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts